Hacking [Question] Does Henkaku opens the door for PSP/Vita iso loading?

tuxdude143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
what about if it's real, and more games get dumped and a method gets released - will you be crying your eyes out because we have piracy?
Eh, angry a better way to describe it. Mainly because piracy would most likely cause many developers and publishers to pull back from the vita and ruining it for the people who actually buy their games and are interested in titles coming out in future. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of developers suddenly start pulling back from supporting the vita because it isn't profitable for them anymore.

Reactions: cvskid

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Eh, angry a better way to describe it. Mainly because piracy would most likely cause many developers and publishers to pull back from the vita and ruining it for the people who actually buy their games and are interested in titles coming out in future. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of developers suddenly start pulling back from supporting the vita because it isn't profitable for them anymore.
sure but i doubt it's like 50% of people will now pirate and thus not buy the game, not 10%, maybe.... 0.1%? even less? honestly. maybe 1 in 10,000. (my opinion ha!)
what number do you think?

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
inb4 it's another devkit dump and all the pirateknobs cry their eyes out.
It's OK, game is worth playing IMHO.
It's probably a devkit dump. This game is being translated into Chinese right now. It means people there are people with access to both devkits and unencrypted game code.

Last edited by flame1234,

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Most Vita owners are "loyal" enough to japanese devs that I'm sure they wouldn't pirate (the amount of people shouting against piracy is an anecdotal evidence of that).

tuxdude143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Most Vita owners are "loyal" enough to japanese devs that I'm sure they wouldn't pirate (the amount of people shouting against piracy is an anecdotal evidence of that).
It still wouldn't take much piracy to cause a developer or publisher to pull out though. On average most vita games sell around 30,000 units worldwide which would make even a small amount of piracy potentially devastating

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It still wouldn't take much piracy to cause a developer or publisher to pull out though. On average most vita games sell around 30,000 units worldwide which would make even a small amount of piracy potentially devastating
People who pirate generally have no intention of paying for the game so it's no loss. In fact, it's probably good for the industry - in my case there is zero chance of me forking out $60 for a game I have no idea if I'll like (and I know I don't like JRPGs which is like 90% of vita games, so I'll never ever buy any unknown vita game). But I might pirate it and then buy it if I really like it. This already happened for 6 3DS games that I'd have had no idea they existed if they hadn't been available to pirate.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Quantumcat You have a point... kind of... I have spent hundreds if not thousands on dollars across my PS3, PS4 and PS Vita and these are the devices I play the most, I buy a new game every week or so and I am pretty happy with the quality/money spent ratio.

I also have a hacked Wii, a hacked N3DS and a hacked Wii U, all games in these systems are pirated copies and I still barely touch one of the systems once month or so... Even tho I can install any game I want in these systems for free...

I wouldn't go out and spent $40 on a 3DS game by any means, the quality is largely lacking for the asked price in my opinion, but at the same time I didn't mind spending around $30 a game average on PS4 because I knew I would enjoy them and they would not dissapoint.

In the other hand, I can see how this can scare any remaining developer away, most developers left long ago as they saw no profit to be made, a few did stay and opening the system to piracy can discourage any developer from even trying anymore seeing as invesments were risky to begin without piracy...

Reactions: Firion Hope

Zeroba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No one will care. "We" don't have piracy. Pirates do. Yifan, and every single other developer that doesn't believe in piracy will simply turn a slightly annoyed blind eye.
Speaking of which, you guys need to stop trying to justify your piracy to Yifan. They're getting sick of it.

Sizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one will care. "We" don't have piracy. Pirates do. Yifan, and every single other developer that doesn't believe in piracy will simply turn a slightly annoyed blind eye.
Speaking of which, you guys need to stop trying to justify your piracy to Yifan. They're getting sick of it.

Yea, and what is Yifan going to do? Not release henkaku source?

Oh wait...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
(Oh and I meant to add, the reason I bought those 3DS games is if you have them in a physical form, you know your children and grandchildren and great grandchildren will be able to play them. Who knows if digital copies of games will come into peril from servers being shut down or if one day Nintendo/Sony will be able to render pirated games useless. Any game I love I will make sure I own properly)

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to the question in the topic,

Considering that a Chinese leaker has managed to decrypt Tokyo Xanadu, (and according to himself, every other vita cartridge game) yes. Yes it does.

http://wololo.net/
<snip>

Get hype, son.

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed warez link -rp
Reactions: satan89

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
In regards to the question in the topic,

Considering that a Chinese leaker has managed to decrypt Tokyo Xanadu, (and according to himself, every other vita cartridge game) yes. Yes it does.

http://wololo.net/
<snip>

Get hype, son.
yeah that's the whole issue if that user the files came from is telling the truth and really decrypted it, i hope so, but some are skeptical.
the twitter thing is just the connection between chinese-english language sides of the internet, not a source etc

Last edited by raulpica,

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
haha honestly at this point I just want a full speed gba emulator that can play golden sun without audio stuttering and slow down.

but I'll take what I can get ;)

Reactions: ObeSeeker

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well. tbh not alot of games are released on it anyway. and vita is already reaching end support if u ask me. u can hardly find in any store so.. I say hack away!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +2