Homebrew [question] Combining NNIDs

anonynom

Punchyleaf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I have two NNID, I want to merge both into one (so system transfer one NNID console onto the other) since I would like to keep my NNID with my more common known ID. That NNID has only Pokemon X, Y, OR, AS, ACNL & ironfall. My other one has all my games and ironfall as well. I know that transferring from console A to console B merges everything and I just have to redownload the games, but, would anyone happen to know if I make a backup of all my digital games on console B, I can restore them once it's merged with A after they are redownloaded? Or will that not work due to possible checksum thingies? I have most of the games as physical cartridges I could restore to before system transferring but I'm talking more along the lines of my digital only games

anonynom

Punchyleaf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I'm asking if I backup my digital saves with save manager, save them to my desktop, then perform the system transfer and redownload my games; can I put the saves back onto my SD and use save manager to restore the save files

EDIT: it seems my question is being read wrong.
I have homebrew, I have save data manager and SDVT. Since the console I want to transfer the NNID name from only has 5 games, and I want to transfer it to my console that is my "main" with over 40+ games, I'm asking if I can back up those saves, then restore them after they are redownloaded after the system transfer

Last edited by anonynom,

The_Meistro

GBATemp's "Official" Hank Hill
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You should be able to. But dont take my word for it.

The_Meistro Is Not Responsible For Anything Bad That Happens To Your 3DS Consoles Software,Firmware,Hardware,Saves,And Or Your Human Sanity. Batteries Sold Separately.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No. I'm asking if I backup my digital saves with save manager, save them to my desktop, then perform the system transfer and redownload my games; can I put the saves back onto my SD and use save manager to restore the save files

I have homebrew, I have save data manager and SDVT. Since the console I want to transfer the NNID name from only has 5 games, and I want to transfer it to my console that is my "main" with over 40+ games, I'm asking if I can back up those saves, then restore them after they are redownloaded after the system transfer
Ok Yeah you really should be able to. But read the fine print.

Reactions: anonynom

TheSockNaster

Kawaii
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: NVM

anonynom

Punchyleaf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then your answer is complete. YOU CAN! :)
See but that's why I'm asking about it. I read about some digital games having checksums changed or so each time you load it. These games would be erased and I would have to redownload them after the transfer is done, which is why I'm asking if it would be possible to restore after that or if it would become "corrupt" since I would have to redownload possibly changing the checksum or so

TheSockNaster

Kawaii
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See but that's why I'm asking about it. I read about some digital games having checksums changed or so each time you load it. These games would be erased and I would have to redownload them after the transfer is done, which is why I'm asking if it would be possible to restore after that or if it would become "corrupt" since I would have to redownload possibly changing the checksum or so

Ahh. I see

anonynom

Punchyleaf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to. But dont take my word for it.

The_Meistro Is Not Responsible For Anything Bad That Happens To Your 3DS Consoles Software,Firmware,Hardware,Saves,And Or Your Human Sanity. Batteries Sold Separately.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok Yeah you really should be able to. But read the fine print.
Just saw your edit, I am silently hoping it does work but I guess I don't want to actually test it without some like solid answer lol

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I have two NNID, I want to merge both into one (so system transfer one NNID console onto the other) since I would like to keep my NNID with my more common known ID. That NNID has only Pokemon X, Y, OR, AS, ACNL & ironfall. My other one has all my games and ironfall as well. I know that transferring from console A to console B merges everything and I just have to redownload the games, but, would anyone happen to know if I make a backup of all my digital games on console B, I can restore them once it's merged with A after they are redownloaded? Or will that not work due to possible checksum thingies? I have most of the games as physical cartridges I could restore to before system transferring but I'm talking more along the lines of my digital only games
You can do this without homebrew. I just did it. Just contact Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: