Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello GBATemp!

I would like to ask a few questions:

1. CIA or 3DS?

2. What are the advantages of converting your own 3DS files to CIA instead of downloading
from the internet?

3. Can I convert all 3DS games up to date?

4. If not, what are my limitations?

Thanks! :D

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
1 - CIA
2 - Compability (Like Region Free or patching firmware requirement to allow certain games to work on Palantine / 4.X CFW) , but rxTools took care of that.
3 - Yes (But you cannot rely on using GUI frontends if you want to be able to convert every 3DS game.)

7.x keys are basically extra encryption layer, without the 7.x keys, you cannot convert newer 3DS games into CIA.

super.bean

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1 - CIA
2 - Compability (Like Region Free or patching firmware requirement to allow certain games to work on Palantine / 4.X CFW) , but rxTools took care of that.
3 - Yes (But you cannot rely on using GUI frontends if you want to be able to convert every 3DS game.)

7.x keys are basically extra encryption layer, without the 7.x keys, you cannot convert newer 3DS games into CIA.

This is my current arsenal:

Sky3DS Blue Button
Gateway 3DS
SuperCard DSTWO
R4i Cart

*new* 3DS XL 9.0

What is my best option?

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
set reinand up with mset and rop so you can have a n3ds with no need for game/gw card/browser exploit. there is a thread on how to

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM