Hardware [Question] BotW needs 3GB install? Installable to WiiU formatted HDD?

nedron92

OP
Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,
I just read at a german source that Zelda BotW needs to install 3GB at the WiiU itself?
And they can't be installed to any USB-Memory!? That like the german sounds like.

But if I googled an english source (like http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._the_wild_will_require_a_3gb_install_on_wii_u)

They sayed it can't be installed to USB meomory-sticks but to USB HDD storage, so no problem here.

I pre-ordered BotW, retail, for my WiiU (8GB one..), so what's the best thing todo at march?
  1. Play with disc and don't forget to attached my USB-Storage everytime (because the 3GB have to be there, cause of to less system-storage)
  2. Make WUD-DUMP -> wud2app and install the game directly to my HDD?

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Iirc if you bought Titanfall for the Xbox 360 it did the same thing. Microsoft's argument was that the drive's read speeds were not fast enough to pull needed data in time, so they installed some stuff to the hard drive to level out the bandwidth requirement. Based on that, I'd actually be a little concerned that people who buy the game from the eShop may run into problems if their external drive isn't up to snuff. The explanation isn't clear, does the 3GB need to be on Internal memory with no option of installing onto a USB stick or USB drive? That there might need a firmware update for the Wii U, so the game can be on the USB drive but the 3Gb can be on internal memory.

That being said I'll probably just get the Switch version, but I'm not 100% certain I'll get one at launch. Beginning of next month I should track down a preorder.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nedron92 I think the best solution would be to get the ticket with tik2sd, then download the game encrypted via JNUSTool or similar and install that to your USB.
This wouldn't force you to waste 3 GB on top of the space the installed data uses although it would be funny to see if it does that like PSP games booted via memory stick.

nedron92

OP
Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
@Wuigi
Maybe, but like I said - I pre-order the retail version, I have a very fast Internet-Conenction, so 13GB are finishes within 15-20 mins. Dont know if its faster then dump to wud->wud2app - maybe ..maybe not xD But thanks, Didn't thought about to get the ticket, once I have the game ^^.

@nando
Don't know..only the Updated (eg. Xenoblade Chronicles xD), but such data directly, nope.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on