ROM Hack [Question] Big blue menu crash

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So last week I was installing a cia. It froze mid installation and I decided to take a risk and hard reset my 3DS. It bricked my emuNAND. I kinda get paranoid everytime I install a cia now. My question is, if it does it again, what's the best action to take? Or will it always cause a brick no matter what?

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I would use FBI over BigBlueMenu, BBM is fairly outdated and FBI is much more optimized for current hacking setups. FBI has never froze on me like that.

Can it install unsigned cias? I always thought of it as just a legit cia installer only.

Ricken

Oh Pretty Angel... Did None Teach You?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can it install unsigned cias? I always thought of it as just a legit cia installer only.
Not too surprising. That legit .cia installer version of FBI was actually a modification of one of the earlier 1.X versions of FB;I
FBI 2.X is arguably the best .cia installer
One last and stupid question. Does it install cias faster? lol
Not recalling this, but SOON2 is fastest
EDIT; Lol, BBM is the slowest in 2 seperate tests
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...ller-2-a-new-super-cool-cia-installer.416076/
(click the proof links)

Last edited by Ricken,

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always install the freeshop. Then you'd never need to download and install a cia. It's all done at once since it's a eshop clone and uses nintendos servers. So all your games would be "legit" for the most part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone