Hacking [Question] are there any reports of bricks with 4.0b2?

Cid barba corta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just like the title says, are there any reports of bricks on r4i 3ds gold deluxe with 4.0b2? I don't want to screw another 3ds

Cid barba corta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
A r4i screwed your 3ds?:blink:
Yeah, in January with the brick code incident on 3.1 I received a sour surprise while trying to play paper Mario. I still have the r4i and I have a new 3ds but I'm wondering of buying a mt card just to be safe and obviously play super smash the release day

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, in January with the brick code incident on 3.1 I received a sour surprise while trying to play paper Mario. I still have the r4i and I have a new 3ds but I'm wondering of buying a mt card just to be safe and obviously play super smash the release day

Honestly, if peace of mind is what you're after, your best bet would be to get a Gateway in my opinion.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I thought about gateway, and I may be mistaken, but, mt card seems like a totally different flashcard than gateway and not just another clone

Gateway have a track record for introducing new features. Once they do this, any other 3DS flashcart out there, including MT-Card, release the same feature. Just sharing my thoughts. The most obvious difference between Gateway and MT-Card? A physical ROM selector button on the cart itself.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think that it is important to point this fact out now. As it stands at this moment, no flash cart will likely be playing Smash Bros. the day of it's release. With no firm update as to when a compatibility patch will be released, the only definite way to ensure that you will be able to play Smash Bros. is to have an up to date unmodded 3DS.

Cid barba corta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think that it is important to point this fact out now. As it stands at this moment, no flash cart will likely be playing Smash Bros. the day of it's release. With no firm update as to when a compatibility patch will be released, the only definite way to ensure that you will be able to play Smash Bros. is to have an up to date unmodded 3DS.
You know what I meant. I live in Argentina so I've never got a game the release day (or 5 months after). I want to have a flashcard that will, most probably, guarantee me playing super smash on october

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one can guarantee anything. There is no "most probably" when we're talking about things possibly happening in the 3DS flashcart scene in the future.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Cid barba corta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Gateway have a track record for introducing new features. Once they do this, any other 3DS flashcart out there, including MT-Card, release the same feature. Just sharing my thoughts. The most obvious difference between Gateway and MT-Card? A physical ROM selector button on the cart itself.
I will consider buying a gateway. Just one question, does mt card and/or gateway have the capability of playing online?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.