Hacking Question about Wii U Emulation

D

Deleted User

You should check out my PS4 emulator if you think that's good. It runs every game (and even 360 games) at 60fps at 2160x1080p

vQqN2bp.jpg
I'm going to release it next month. I still need to mess with it so that it upscales the games to 120fps and 4320x2160p and add online support and cheat codes. You can download it right now if you fill out only 3 surveys at superawesomeps4emulator.blogspot.com
Nice! XD

Reactions: Margen67

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a mid-end computer :
CPU : 3.40 GHZ i7 4 core
GPU : GTX760 2GB
RAM : 16GB
Do you think it's enough to run an optimised wii u emulator with decent fps.
By decent fps, i don't mean 60fps, I mean, my eyes won't see the difference, so over 25 fps.

Reactions: AdityaNese

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry I'm not an expert, but BTW, if anyone is interested in my new Gaming Software, I will release it soon (TM) for the great public.
With it, you can play games earlier before their release date. For exemple, you can play Rise of the Tomb Raider as shown here :

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I'm not an expert, but BTW, if anyone is interested in my new Gaming Software, I will release it soon (TM) for the great public.
With it, you can play games earlier before their release date. For exemple, you can play Rise of the Tomb Raider as shown here :
I like your GUI, that's a really nice artistic touch ;)

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am not an expert either, but a wii u emulation is out of the question for now because the system much more powerful compared to the wii and thus needs revolutionary hardware to emulate it. Give it at least 5 years to see something. Hell even the 3DS isn't fully emulated yet.

Reactions: BringusStudios

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I have a mid-end computer :
CPU : 3.40 GHZ i7 4 core
GPU : GTX760 2GB
RAM : 16GB
Do you think it's enough to run an optimised wii u emulator with decent fps.
By decent fps, i don't mean 60fps, I mean, my eyes won't see the difference, so over 25 fps.
That's a beast of a PC. But the point is that there just isn't a Wii U emulator and no that's probably not powerful enough to handle the theoretical one.

Exzap

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not even reveal the name or source or where it will be released? I sense bullshit.
The name is not decided yet. The titlebar literally says "Cafe". I can post another screenshot with titlebar + FPS counter if you want. To answer your second question, it will most likely be released here on gbatemp first. It's developed by a closed team (of which I am a part), therefore there isn't any other source than my posts atm.

Yes, it's coming out of nowhere. Yes, it seems somewhat too early for an emulator. Yes, screenshots don't prove anything. If you don't believe, just wait some time and we'll see.

I am not an expert either, but a wii u emulation is out of the question for now because the system much more powerful compared to the wii and thus needs revolutionary hardware to emulate it. Give it at least 5 years to see something. Hell even the 3DS isn't fully emulated yet.
Thats not how it works. There are SNES emulators which require at least 3GHz to run smoothly. If I went by your logic, that would mean N64 and anything above can not be emulated currently. Wii U works differently enough that a lot of the slow stuff can be optimized away (at cost of accuracy, of course). Also, who says we will see playable speeds? 5 FPS emulation is still emulation.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The name is not decided yet. The titlebar literally says "Cafe". I can post another screenshot with titlebar + FPS counter if you want. To answer your second question, it will most likely be released here on gbatemp first. It's developed by a closed team (of which I am a part), therefore there isn't any other source than my posts atm.

Yes, it's coming out of nowhere. Yes, it seems somewhat too early for an emulator. Yes, screenshots don't prove anything. If you don't believe, just wait some time and we'll see.

Thats not how it works. There are SNES emulators which require at least 3GHz to run smoothly. If I went by your logic, that would mean N64 and anything above can not be emulated currently. Wii U works differently enough that a lot of the slow stuff can be optimized away (at cost of accuracy, of course). Also, who says we will see playable speeds? 5 FPS emulation is still emulation.

We have no reason to accuse you of lying nor you have a reason to try to convince us I suppose ^^. So since you said it's probably gonna be released later this month, let's wait and see :D

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Yes I agree that theoretically a 5 fps (or even 1 fps) emulator is still an emulator, but in reality that makes things like testing and optimizing tasks extremely harder.
That's why pcsx2 emulator took years just to achieve ingame.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm talking about if the emulator was created perfectly without flaws.

I don't know if such thing even exists, I mean when you say a perfect 'emulator' (I hope you actually realize we are saying EMULATOR here) > meaning it's as accurate as the original device > would mean extra CPU like the snes emulator here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +2