GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
damn, no one knows these answers? and everyone's playing SMG !

Atleast tell me how many Firmware updates for Wiikey went out and whats their numbers.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
QUOTE said:
1. I jumped directly to 1.9g. If you want, you can update a firmware version at a time but it has had no impact on my Wii whatsoever. If you need a listing of all updates and config discs availiable for the Wiikey, here they are: http://www.wiikey.cn.

First the site is down for some time. So you didnt update before and installed right on 1.9g? Since if I recall correctly, you said that you dont know it (maybe I've mistaken you from another poster)

QUOTE said:
2. I said I wasn't sure about this one but tell you what. I'll do my best to find out for you, but again it shouldn't matter in the least. If you already have that firmware on the Wiikey, it won't let you install it. Simple as that.

I want to know which version I have so whenever I try to install all firmware, I will know where to start from.

3. And as for the type of media you should be using when burning anything that you will be putting into the Wii, always use top quality shit bud. I use Verbatim -R's and burn at 1x speed. I NEVER have any issues.

1x? I heard people talking about 4x, but I'll go with 1x as you said.
Is there special thing to do when installing Wiikey's firmware? or just treat it as a normal game cube game cd?

4. Why dont you answer these in the topic? So others can use it too.

5.since mine is a clone, Did you hear any malfunction or anything regarding to just clones? (like that recent topic about malfuntioning of Wii after 1.9g update)

InfernoZeus

Trophies
Website
radakan.org
XP
Country
Sorry, I can't really help you with your problem, I still have an unmodded wii, but a couple of you said this topic should be stickied. I agree, but it needs a lot of tidying up, with all the questions and answers grouped together in one 'FAQ post', otherwise it means reading three pages like I just did.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Zero, As soon as I get proper answers and get it done myself I would gladly do it. But I donno why people dont help here and my questions are like majority of people's configs: NTSC/UC Wii, Wiikey-clone, SMG.

I donno.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I only read the first few posts but I'm curious. If you can't download 1.3gb why would you get a chipped wii when you would have to download 4gb for each game?

BillnTed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GonzoCorleone said:
I only read the first few posts but I'm curious. If you can't download 1.3gb why would you get a chipped wii when you would have to download 4gb for each game?
I guess it's because some shops/people will sell DVD-R copies, which would make this post:

QUOTE(test84 @ Dec 30 2007, 08:53 AM)The reason I didnt reply was that I went after buying the copy itself.

make sense, as a chipped Wii will play a 'proper' SMG disk without problems, irrespective of the firmware on the chip; the game may well apply an update if the Wii firmware is too old, but the bandwidth requirement is tiny in comparison to GC/Wii ISO sizes.

FWIW, on a EuroWii, with 'pukka' WiiKey, neither GCOS disk nor Classic controller was required to get "SMG goodness", just the most recent firmware and the 1.9g patch, together with the 'reset' button.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Would people please stop sarcasm and answer these?

QUOTE said:
1. I jumped directly to 1.9g. If you want, you can update a firmware version at a time but it has had no impact on my Wii whatsoever. If you need a listing of all updates and config discs availiable for the Wiikey, here they are: http://www.wiikey.cn.

First the site is down for some time. So you didnt update before and installed right on 1.9g? Since if I recall correctly, you said that you dont know it (maybe I've mistaken you from another poster)

QUOTE said:
2. I said I wasn't sure about this one but tell you what. I'll do my best to find out for you, but again it shouldn't matter in the least. If you already have that firmware on the Wiikey, it won't let you install it. Simple as that.

I want to know which version I have so whenever I try to install all firmware, I will know where to start from.

QUOTE3. And as for the type of media you should be using when burning anything that you will be putting into the Wii, always use top quality shit bud. I use Verbatim -R's and burn at 1x speed. I NEVER have any issues.

Is there special thing to do when installing Wiikey's firmware? or just treat it as a normal game cube game cd?

5.since mine is a clone, Did you hear any malfunction or anything regarding to just clones? (like that recent topic about malfuntioning of Wii after 1.9g update)

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country

QUOTE said:

QUOTE said:

QUOTE said:
3. And as for the type of media you should be using when burning anything that you will be putting into the Wii, always use top quality shit bud. I use Verbatim -R's and burn at 1x speed. I NEVER have any issues.

1. Jump straight to 1.9g. In fact, that will increase the life of the ATMEGA8L as it uses one less write cycle
tongue.gif

2. It doesn't matter what wiikey firmware you're on now, if it is even a Wiikey.
3. 1x is excessive, and will take a whole hour to burn a disc.
blink.gif

5. Not all clones are updatable via DVD due to incorrect fuse settings on the microcontroller - they can be fixed with a parallel port programmer.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran

1. Jump straight to 1.9g. In fact, that will increase the life of the ATMEGA8L as it uses one less write cycle
tongue.gif

2. It doesn't matter what wiikey firmware you're on now, if it is even a Wiikey.
3. 1x is excessive, and will take a whole hour to burn a disc.
blink.gif

5. Not all clones are updatable via DVD due to incorrect fuse settings on the microcontroller - they can be fixed with a parallel port programmer.

1. So its standalone, right?
2. like above^, if its standalone, it wont matter, but, is it?
3. so you say 4x, right?
blink.gif

5. I've heard that some Wii's which have Wiikey will have problem reading backups (see other topics), is it confirmed by officials?
6. would someone give me a valid link to 1.9b? all i find is from random sites which I dont trust.
7.about that micro controller problem, I know a big guy about this, do you know any further info that shows how to fix random wiikey clones about this update?

Thank you for your time and patience.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
3. so you say 4x, right?
4.Â
blink.gif

5. I've heard that some Wii's which have Wiikey will have problem reading backups (see other topics), is it confirmed by officials?
6. would someone give me a valid link to 1.9b? all i find is from random sites which I dont trust.
7.about that micro controller problem, I know a big guy about this, do you know any further info that shows how to fix random wiikey clones about this update?Â

1. The chips have to be erased before they are written. "Patch updates" are impossible.
2. The chips have to be erased before they are written. "Patch updates" are impossible.
3. I say any speed that your burner can deal with. I use 4x because I burn at half the recommended speed of the media (8x for me)
blink.gif

5. No. A few people with problems is enough to stir up hype. Believe the hype!
6. I can't but you don;t need it.
7. Build an SP12 programmer and program the chip with your parallel port. http://chiip.descrambler.de/index.php/Programmer

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3. so you say 4x, right?
4.Â
blink.gif

7.about that micro controller problem, I know a big guy about this, do you know any further info that shows how to fix random wiikey clones about this update?Â

Can't believe this guy, anything else you want to demand?
dry.gif

Dude seriously, if you cannot work out how to do this after all the help being provided by the guys on here you may as well not bother. And as someone already said, If you bought the actual game the update is pointless. Have you even tried the disc yet to see if it works?

BillnTed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Would people please stop sarcasm ...
Chap, I think you need a different English dictionary/teacher if you think the assistance you've had amounts to sarcasm.
As has been pointed out, all your questions have been raised and answered by others in previous threads.
Just because you don't want to wade through the forum, don't rag on the team!

hamchan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The amount of questions asked is incredible.

Even after a clear answer like

1. Jump straight to 1.9g.

he has to ask 1. So its standalone right?

Geez how much clearer can people get lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning