Homebrew Question about transfeering Saves, (O3DS-> N3DS)

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its no surprise that a fair deal of my games are "freeshop'd" so a normal transfeer i dont doubt Wouldnt transfer those saves, would exporting em w/ JKSM work then importing it to the N3DS? or will the saves transfer regardless? i know the games hella wont (and i plan to run it thru A9LH once i get it home. )

(i wont be able to reply to this easily till a few hrs from now, about to head out to Doc Appointment + pickup N3DS)

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm getting the only OTHER N3DS i could get today started for A9LH sadly i got in the wild one of the eShop ban Unban throw-aways.
when to make sure w/ the XL (was an basic Blue colored N3DSXL) w/ creating a new NNID, and i got the perma ban error when i tried. went back to game stop showed em the error and listed only the nintedo's page for the error, they ended up calling support to confirm its a ban,and only other N3DS they had (my local store was out of New N3DS's) was a refirb non XL N3DS (pokemon Red/Blue Special edition one), just now tested it while im waiting for everything i need to A9LH it to download, i was able to make a new NNID and enter eShop.

but a question, should i completly move everything over ? or only keep it for NTR Stream/ N3DS exclusives/N3DS only things? and if i transfer things over, i know its been pulled but will my 4 Swords DSiWare transfeer over too? (this was legit copy that got transfeered from my DSi as well as Cave Story DSiWare.) and again if i transfeer things over, should i uninstall freeshop games/Homebrew CIA's except FBI etc first?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a shitty story. Too many pricks selling their banned systems.

Your choice if you want to transfer things over or not. You can just use freeshop to download 4 swords on your n3ds, but yes it will transfer if you do system transfer.

You don't have to uninstall anything before you system transfer. Nintendo will just delete your unsigned games/apps for you.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By manual transfer do you mean just reinstall all your cias to the new system and restore your saves with JKSM? If that's what you mean, then yes you do not, and in fact cannot, use your old nintendo 3ds folder on your new system.

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By manual transfer do you mean just reinstall all your cias to the new system and restore your saves with JKSM? If that's what you mean, then yes you do not, and in fact cannot, use your old nintendo 3ds folder on your new system.
ok its forcing me however to copy it for the sake of finishing the transfeer i think as i copied everything but IT, and it still tells me to erase my microSD and copy over,

Reactions: x65943

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok its forcing me however to copy it for the sake of finishing the transfeer i think as i copied everything but IT, and it still tells me to erase my microSD and copy over,
ah, okay you mean using the official transfer tool when you say "manual transfer", not the terminology I would use :P

Just do what the tool tells you to do.

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, okay you mean using the official transfer tool when you say "manual transfer", not the terminology I would use :P

Just do what the tool tells you to do.
ok after it did its Job of copying the dsiware from sd to system memory ( i guess thats why it needed the microsd to have contents erased and the old data on the old sd copoied over) i now have a crapload of Black icons on my home Menu.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can now delete your nintendo 3ds folder, you will lose any installed games (including the black icons) - and you can just reinstall them using JKSM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1