Hacking Question about sky3ds+

b864mer5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have searching the topic on this forum but I can't seem to find it. My question is

Is sky3ds+ can play all games released until this moment?

My 3ds is on V11, so it's not possible to downgrade, also there is no hardmod in my country.... So, I believe sky3ds+ is my best choice.

I want to buy sky3ds+ but here are my few thoughts that hold me to do so,

The last update on sky3ds site is on May 2016.... ( I know there is no new firmware, but it's kinda too quiet) because

I heard that 7th dragon vfd is not working on sky3ds+ (also the newest monster hunter).

2nd Question, from what I heard that sky3ds+ plus work flawlessly with the game update (but you can't play online unless you have private header). But I also have read that you can't update... really confused which one that is correct....

Thank you for the time reading my long post.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sky3ds can play .3ds games only. This means no dlc and no Eshop only games. You can update your games just fine. You cannot play online without a private header. I don't know about the compatibility, sorry.

b864mer5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3ds can play .3ds games only. This means no dlc and no Eshop only games. You can update your games just fine. You cannot play online without a private header. I don't know about the compatibility, sorry.

Thanks for the answers :). I know about the .3ds thing, but still confuse with the newest games. I go to some rom download site and head to 7th dragon page, it says it doesn't work on sky3ds+ (some comment that it's because the game was leaked, but why leak has to do with anything??). I want to confirm this info with anyone here.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The leaked version of the game you are talking about was a "reviewer" copy provided early by Nintendo, probably through dlc, therefore it is missing the data required to load it as a game cartridge as Clector said. Monster Hunter Generations should work fine.

Also updates work just as if you had the real game cartridge. When you load up the game, the 3DS asks if you want to update which downloads to your system SD Card since it is a DLC. (I have Pokémon X and Omega Ruby in vers 1.5 and 1.4 through Sky3DS).

In fact the card is engineered to work exactly the same way that game carts do, therefore if you are looking to play cartridge dumps this should work flawlessly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s