Hacking Question about running backup PS1 games on psp.

zach12_2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PSP-1001 model running 6.20 PRO-B9 cfw. Let me first say, I enjoy the benefits of custom firmware, and I have no issues at all with my backup psp games. I'm really pleased overall. I used this brilliant guide, and it worked flawlessly.

http://gbatemp.net/t293978-how-to-softmod-hack-your-psp (Many thanks to the author, by the way.)

However there is one issue; I can't seem to get ps1 games to function properly.

I have two scenarios at play here.

First, when following this guide: http://gbatemp.net/t206195-guide-to-conver...1-games-for-psp
The eboot produced doesn't start and has the same error message. I thought that this method should be compatible with my firmware. Am I correct on this. Also, is this method compatible with .ccd files? That might be the issue if it is not.

Second, before I got cfw, I was playing a psn downloaded version of Final Fantasy VII. I can confirm that it boots and works perfectly. However whenever I try to boot it now I get this message: "The game could not be started. (80020148)"

I am at a loss as what to do next. I have tried googling the issue, but with all the different cfw types and revisions determining the best course of action is difficult. Any guidance you could provide on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
biggrin.gif

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Do you have any plugins enabled ? If so then try disabling them . If it doesn't work then try formatting your memory card & see what happens.

The eboots you made should work & even if you did something wrong they should boot first & then go to a black screen or freeze & the psn games should also work fine in PRO-B9 so try what I suggested & see if it might be the cause.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Format flash1 and reset user settings in the advanced menu of the recovery...or for safety's sake go into your settings menu and use the Reset to default settings option in the XMB.

zach12_2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the replies! I appreciate the help. I reformatted my memory stick and restored default settings, but the issue still persists. I am new to this, and I'm unsure on how to manage my plugins. I didn't think I had any.
unsure.gif

How can I know what all is installed on my system. I haven't put anything but whatever is included in this version of PRO on my psp. Sorry, I'm still getting the hang of this.
smile.gif

zach12_2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but it is empty.

EDIT: So I guess Final Fantasy VIII was one of those pesky multi-GameID games.
tongue.gif

So now I remade my eboot for FF8 and it works perfectly. So, it's just the psn downloaded Final Fantasy VII that is the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: