Hacking Question about PSX2PSP and PSOne games w/ Multiple Disks

demonik420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all! I had a question I can't seem to find an answer too. I have created several Eboot backups of my games such as Final Fantasy 7. Now I know full well how to create a Multi Disk Eboot file that is no problem for me. My question is how to use it properly when it comes time to change disk..

when i reach the point in the game that asks me to please insert disk 2 what do I do then? Do I simply press ok? Do I shut the game down and then reload it? I am at a loss here and I would like to know how this is done before I get there. I dont want to find out I cant do it and have to remake everything as Single CD Eboots with the same save ID. Then I will have to go back and make sure I have the same IDs from my multi CD Eboot.

Also one last thing.. is that how it is done? If i were to make single CD eboot do I just have to change the Save ID to the same for every CD or must I change the Game ID??? these game and save IDs confuse me to no end :(

Thanks for any help with this matter :)

from Mark.

demonik420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks you were correct there is a disk swap feature in the menu.. however my second question still stands.. If i use two separate eboot files for my disks do I have to make sure that the SaveIDs are the same for them to work together?!?! or what is the trick for this to work because i noticed most of my games default to different SaveIDs per disk.

p.s. I think a section about this should be added to the guide on converting PSX games for PSP.. I read the entire post and it doesnt even mention saveIDs whatsoever it only talks about gameISs and this is very confusing because now I had to go start a seperate thread and everything just to find out :(

thanks any help is greatly appreciated

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
if the multi-disk eboot i made right

you should be able to press the home button on the switch disk screen and pick the switch disk option

but you you are using multi eboot, you must SAVE at the switch disk part
just use the same saveiD for all the eboot for that game

Reactions: demonik420 and Coto

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If i use two separate eboot files for my disks do I have to make sure that the SaveIDs are the same for them to work together?!?! or what is the trick for this to work because i noticed most of my games default to different SaveIDs per disk.

As far as I remember the SaveID has to be the same but I think its also possible the GameID would have to be the same too

I'm running off memory here but as I recall both the GameID and SaveID dictate what it will do with virtual memory cards given the same ID's on both it "Should" think its the same game and read / write from the same "Memory Card"

I think it is possible with the inbuilt memory card manager to copy from another games card too...

lemme check that

Edit: Yes it is possible press home go to the memory card utility and you can edit / copy / delete all your memory cards so you could just copy the save from one card to the other

Reactions: demonik420

demonik420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if the multi-disk eboot i made right

you should be able to press the home button on the switch disk screen and pick the switch disk option

but you you are using multi eboot, you must SAVE at the switch disk part
just use the same saveiD for all the eboot for that game

Thanks both of you guys for answering me.. I will try just the save id first and if that doesnt cut it ill do both the save anbd game.. its confusing because some games all disks automatically have the same game and save ids and yet other games they are completely different :S.. thanks for your help now i know what to do!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM