Hacking Question about Gateway and dumping physical carts

Deathbot64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone, I was just wondering how game dumping for newer games work on Gateway. Lbx just came out yesterday and I want to buy the game and dump it with gateway, but I know for a lot of newer games you need to decrypt them to work on the new 3ds (both reg and xl) is this true for newer physical games or just eshop releases? I wanna upload the game and help out the community,so if I have to cryptofix it how would I go about doing that?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I was just wondering how game dumping for newer games work on Gateway. Lbx just came out yesterday and I want to buy the game and dump it with gateway, but I know for a lot of newer games you need to decrypt them to work on the new 3ds (both reg and xl) is this true for newer physical games or just eshop releases? I wanna upload the game and help out the community,so if I have to cryptofix it how would I go about doing that?

All you'd need to do if you were to buy the game would be: Gateway Menu > Backup 3DS > Place 3DS on computer.

Now if you were to upload this rip to the iso site that everyone hates.. <_<... >_>.. You'd want to remove the header from the file. You could do this by loading the rom up with Gateway Rom patcher & under custom header click 'Use a Public one'.

Those who use cfw may need to cryptofix the game to get it running, but hey someone else could do that. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: New Ninja in chat