Hacking Question about dash 2.0.8955

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a wide arrangement of flathead screwdrivers sooo that'll save me a couple of euro's on the opening tool :P.

Cheating, idk, it can enhance the gaming experience if you like, uhmm, bring characters back from the dead or use NPC''s as main characters or use a debug room etc. etc.
The whole cheating for, say, ingame currency for example kind of decreases the gaming experience for me. Yeah you can do things faster and you're sure to win but did you really? lol

Yeah the majority of people will buy it anyway. Then again, the majority of people follows lemming like behavior so will buy anything new and trending haha.
Personally I skipped on the PS3 just because I can't tinker with it. Next to the fact that I like to backup stuff instead of playing with the discs itself I also like to screw around with the system, if you can't it's just a gaming console, which is good enough for most people :P.

I honestly don't care enough about the Multiplayer system to fork over a monthly amount. Ok for some games I did in the past and I still might in the future but I never bought a month of XBLive other then the free couple of months I got with the box. However, if the free service works (what was it called again? Linked? whatever?) even remotely as good I will use it every now and then with some games.

But what about soldering it on the board and leaving the wires running out and just taping it to the side of the xbox, or a wall, or a lamp, my cat or whatever :P.
That technically should work right?
New drive will cost me $$ again :P.
Btw you can just play stuff right off of a external disk right? Since you mentioned FTPing to and from it.
I don't expect it to play something flawlessly from a samba setup (or at all for that matter) but but right from a disk hooked up to it should work right?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Some cheats are needed to bring up debug menu's or access hidden features in games.
As long as it doesn't get used to progess your storyline, it's fine.

People are sheep.
One gets a PS4, their mates will follow.
Same goes for Xbone and Wii U.

Nay I got 3 360's ;p
Backup unit, flashed unit (on Live) and a RGH.
me Live unit gets a yearly subscription as I often join parties with mates.
LiNK is only for syslink games.
Not for XBLive multiplayer.

Should work yep.
Aye, USB works, however FSD gets a little slowed down by it and the chance of the drive corrupting stuff is also greater (constant swapping of ports etc)
Samba setup works, never done it meself as I can't be bothered with it.

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah things like that could increase the fun of the game. I usually don't use them before I finished the game atleast once but that's just me :P.

Ah that sucks though, syslink only so you actually need to know who you want to play? Or do they do matchups online?
That would suck, I was actually hoping for people running private servers or something so people can still meet up, if it's just syslinks you can just play, say, ur friend but that's about it.

USB gives data corruption? You usually see that on flash memory (since SD and such I/O is horrible) but USB usually seems to be stable. Like running it as you would run a ODDE just plug it in an play your game from USB.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I personally am a big fan of debug builds etc.
So accessing a developer menu via cheatcodes is something I do.
However that will be on a separate save file tho.

Ehh the site of JQE usually shows how much there are in a specific game room.
And the LiNK HUD also displays it.

No clue but people manage to fuck up entire harddisks somehow.
That's why I keep everything internal ;p
No bulky cables, no ugly enclosures next to it, no unneeded space taken.
Not to mention it being annoying when you want to shift your console around ;p

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh yeah I like debug rooms aswell, used to run around in Final Fantasy 7's debug room, see content they didn't add, partial glitchy stuff and such.
Ofcourse do that on a different save file aswell :P.

I youtubed JQE and LiNKed, might have been old videos but it looked kind of dead in there, 1 person online in a main room :wtf: lol.
I assume it's better populated at this point.

Well, i've never corrupted data on a disk before, then again, I have seen people throw away Windows directories because, and I quote, "Are never used and use so much space" in the past so yeah, it's not that hard to fuck things up. If you start pulling out your HDD while playing or slamming it against a wall there is a big chance it won't like it.
Lots of kids play around with them aswell so god knows what they randomly throw away or try and boot a 1000 times because they can't wait 5 sec for a load screen etc.
I assume I won't suffer from data corruption anytime soon. I have a Raspberry Pi running far overclocked and never had corrupted data there before either while I see 100's of posts of people that have... that's the only reason I back up that SD card, maybe it'll happen to me at some point but the chances aren't that great :P.
As for bulky enclosures and stuff, I always have half assembled computers and whatever kind of PCB boards conected to things floating around my TV so it's not like ductaping a HDD to a xbox would make my slick tv space look bad haha.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I got debug builds of several games.
Loads of fun~

Eh, never rely on YT for information.
jqe.360.net is the site I believe..

I once had a HDD die on me after I copied 30 GB to it .-.
That was the only time I had one die on me xd
Aye, some people can fuck stuff up magically.
You can make a foolproof guide but someone will make a better fool.

Eh me "tinker" space is also a mess of PCB's disassembled 360's and other consoles, wires, soldering stuff, resistors, tools and what not.
Atleast I keep me telly space clean of that rubbish xd

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Indeed, alot of people don't see the fun of it though. It's like custom build games, people don't see the fun of that either yet people did some awesome jobs with things like with simple game hacks where they change the sprites or even full custom games like the old Zelda/super mario hacks or even the new Newer Super Mario Bros hacks floating around the interwebs. That's just awesome but most people will never seem them which is a shame.

Yeah I know not to rely on YT to much, I just use it as a reference for setting thins up or how to soldder something and such really :P.

Hmm the HDD that broke down on you most likely had corrupt sectors right out of the box.
If you took the time to properly scan the disk for cluster corruptions afterwards you could have just gotten your money back, I had that with 1 HDD and a phones internal memory once but that's pretty much it, it's kind of rare.
You can make your step by step guide with pictures and people are still able to brick things. Ofcourse, someone can run into a slightly different option in the setup due to, well, I have no clue, it just happens every now and then, but if you just think a bit and pick the right option everything should be fine.

Haha yeah I try to keep my "tinker space" clean aswell but yeah, you're fixing a couple of computers and have some stuff of yourself going on and you just leave it there because you'll need it tomorrow anyway and tada it's a gigantic mess :P

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The small percentage that do like it have a good taste ahah ;p

Still pictures are the best.
Youtube can be legit but eh, to many attention seekers that will do everything to get subscribers.
I bet there's more fake users on youtube then the entire world population.

DOA disk aye.
Eh, nothing important got lost so I'm lucky on it.
Eh, I wonder how some people even can get online, seeing they fuck everything up...
Back in the MRA days, I gotten 360's DVD drive which where almost covered in solder.
Burnt traces, lose/missing components.
Even got botched JTAGs to fix.
And when you think you've seen the worst, another idiot shows up asking why his 360 doesn't turn on anymore.
And when you open up the console, WW1 has took place on the GPU JTAG port.

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol that indeed :P

Youtube is indeed full of people seeking either (A) attention or (B) free stuff by reviewing peoples crap not counting the random idiots thinking they're funny and the odd music video youtube was actually intended for.
It can be useful though. Pictures are indeed a great source of information but before I solder in the C4 and programmer I'll be bugging ya'll for as much info as I can get and as detailed as humanly possible. After I've done one I may need to use the pics a couple more times if I do other boxes but I usually switch to auto pilot at that point. I do always keep some simple diagram laying around if I suddenly doubt myself.

Lol I sometimes wonder how people work with a computer in general, any form of computer really. If you ask them to go to facebook or buy something online people usually know what to do but if you tell them to open CMD (for windows users ofcourse) they're like "whaaat?" then you tell them it's DOS and they're like "Isn't that like really really old? I don't think I have that.." lol I've seen stuff like that pass by a 1000 times. I think my worst story is that someone called me and told me 5 people checked out her computer already but the sound wouldn't work, I seriously pulled everything out, bought a new soundcard, nothing worked, she had her taskbar set to drop down so I eventually slided over that and noticed the sound was off! lol seriously I didn't check that, I assumed the 5 other people and herself did that before I even got called. Spend half a day fixing something that wasn't broken in the first place.
But things like smoking computers etc. are familiar aswell, I have no idea how people do it but some people could set a PSP on fire by playing with it lol.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Eh, I only watch YT for the Yogscast and music.
Other then that, nope, entire sea of Youtube is unknown to me.

TX will have a nice clean install guide up by the time the CR4 is out.
I meself am also going to make me own guide for it (finalizing the 360 hacking sticky)

People nowadays...
Sheep and idiots.
They won't last 5 seconds when the power goes out for a day.
People can manage to pull it off.
I'm still waiting for the day that every idiot has switched to a Mac and will destroy that.
Oh wait, it already happened.
People trading in their laptops/computers for tablets alone....
Hell I know people that do everything with their phone ._.
And their complaining they can't go on skype whilst watching youtube at the same time ;'D

Anyway, let's not further derail this thread into chit chatter ;]

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Myeah I pretty much just youtube songs aswell, other then, the odd review of something I want to buy so I know what the thing looks like. That's pretty much it.

Oh yeah I assume both your guide and TX's guide will be more then enough to actually succeed, it'll just be a bit of new ground for me hehe.

Indeed alot of people show lemming like behavior, buying Apple products is a major example of it.
Why, I still don't know, Mac was originally used in companies and mostly for graphic use. I worked with it for a while, back at OS 5 or something, the OS where you had to drag your cd drive to the trash and clean it to open a disc tray xD I was totally cured from anything apple after that.
To be honest, I still hate Apple products, it's like old IBM stuff, nothings compatible, you HAVE to buy apple crap to make things work. Ok we live in a day and age where people know how to clone things but without that you'd be stuck with Apple products alone. Next to that, NOTHING RUNS ON APPLE lol seriously I don't get it, some games work on Apples now a days due to popular demand but the architecture of Apple products wasn't designed for that.

People trading in there lappy's and computers for tablets are just retarded. Same thing goes for people getting a computer with a 5 inch touch screen...
But then again, we are forced to work with stuff like that. Just look at Win 8, it's like a tablet on your computer...

And lol, yeah I know people that do everything with their phones aswell, if you look at b-days, people are fucking anti-social now a days, everybodies beeping and walking around with his phone instead of interacting with actual people around them.
It's funny though, I'm from the generation of kids texting everybody 24/7 yet my entire generation uses facebook and such alot LESS then the generation of my parents or those of the 15yo's running around right now. I was actualy having a laugh with one of my friends about the reverse world we live in right now, we used to be texting with everybody at my parents house while hanging out there, if I go to visit them with friends and such THEY are glued to their phones while we randomly check it every now and then :P lol.

But indeed, this is going way off topic hehe.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Me guide won't go into much detail.
Just straight to the point, where to solder, detailed pics of it being soldered etc and how to use JRunner to dump the NAND and reflash it.

Their neighbors/mates/family got an Ipad or Iphone or Mac, they also want it.
Same was before all this with cars.
Neighbor got a new one, they need a new one.
Neighbor got a Porsche, they need a Porsche.
Copycat behaviour.

Eh
I'm no social person.
Never was.
Wasn't social 15 years ago, am not today.
15 years ago, we didn't had no smartphones indeed xd

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Detailed solder guide and a "how to flash" guide is pretty much all you need right? :)
The only other way I can think of is to make pictures of every thing you do "grab some tin", "hold wire to solder and heat", "hold wire to solder point" :P lol

Yeah and always trying to trumph each other.
The neighbor gets said Porshe, they get said Porshe with chromed rims.
The neighbor buys a chihuahua, they get a great dane.
And so on and so forth.

I'm pretty social IRL but I don't need people to know my instant move and I don't feel the need to share a picture with people that I'm at McDonalds right now tasting their new burger *thumbs up*. Or post annoying selfies all day of doing nothing what so ever.
Offense meant to those that do, seriously, do something productive lol.
And yeah, 15 years ago, so awesome, phone was the size of my fridge, we played 2D games and actually enjoyed them because people weren't releasing 5000 games a month, cartoons with actual morals and depth. Oh well, the past is the past I guess lol.

Oh before I forget to ask, what kind of AWG wire is generally used for these kind of chips?
I know I use 20-24 for some delicate electronics but thicker might be better for this, idk, enlighten me :P.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yar, pics n schematics are ofcourse one of the things I incorporate.

Everything was better back in the good old 90's/early zeroes ;p

TX supplies the wires luckily.
I meself use Wire wrapping wire or something similar.
Dunno the AWG of it as I'm not home but it's single strand iirc.

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah well that should be good enough then I reckon ^_^.

Yeah I agree, everything was better in the 90's/00's, too bad it's all over :P

Cool that they give out wires aswell, it's still nice to have some spare if you cut one too short or just screw up the stripping, whatever :P.
I think that I only have single strand laying around aswell, I could be wrong but as far as I know it's all single strand 20-24 which is fairly thin.

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Really now, they're pretinned aswell?
So it's pretty much just, put the cable on the right spot, hold your iron on it, done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep:
    Lol I think there was some home brew
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tap to get bigger!
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Tap to get bigger!