Gaming Quality Questions (DealExtreme mostly...)

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
I bought a Pandora + 4gb MS from there... The pandora battery works fine but the memory stick..
I really think its a fake because the packaging looks "not genuine".... And its slower than my 4gb Sony i bought from Futureshop here in canada. Its cheaper but it takes around 10 minutes to copy a 500mb ISO which is VERY SLOW..

Also, i tried creating a Magic MS using the 4gb from DX and the system says Cant read BPB sector.. Its fake...

Anyway, the hard case looks good but i bought mine in Bestbuy, the slim cases there are hot and hard.
smile.gif

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to check out the Best Buy cases then. For the most part I was looking for bargains without heavy sacrifice to actual quality.

I skipped out on the case, and got the battery (Alone). Now I'll have to either find a way to get a PhotoFast in the US, or buy a secondary cart.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My sister bought one of the armoured cases but for the phat. the build quality was really poor, and the inserts didnt really fit in well, nor did the machine.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Took 8days for my order from DX to arrive here in canada. I chose the EMS service... Should be around 3-5days only but, well just a small difference..
smile.gif

Although they may leave you hanging: the courier from China may stop updating where your package is. I get nervous with these situations, but when you're not expecting it, it will be on your mailbox / front door one day.

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
altorn said:
I bought a Pandora + 4gb MS from there... The pandora battery works fine but the memory stick..
I really think its a fake because the packaging looks "not genuine".... And its slower than my 4gb Sony i bought from Futureshop here in canada. Its cheaper but it takes around 10 minutes to copy a 500mb ISO which is VERY SLOW..

If this is the "high speed" version that comes with the bundle, could you run a homebrew benchmark utility to see how it measures up?

For reference, these are my results from the less expensive version from Dealextreme.

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
diglett said:
altorn said:

If this is the "high speed" version that comes with the bundle, could you run a homebrew benchmark utility to see how it measures up?

For reference, these are my results from the less expensive version from Dealextreme.

A poster at Dealextreme ran the test. The results seem to be similar to the ones that aren't labeled high speed.

http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Default....~threadid.99722

Icetron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered a Pandora along with some other stuff, the Pandora wasn't even in the package...so I had to go through customer service now and wait another 2 weeks. Not the first time that's happened (last year one item was just an empty box with nothing inside) but they did reship me a new one, so it's all about waiting.
frown.gif

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, the only problem I have with that is that waiting once and then waiting again is just annoying D=

It might have just been a customs problem where they stole whatever was inside. I've had a few things delayed thanks to customs, and had problems with them missing pieces, and it probably wasn't dealextreme although it could have been either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2