Hacking Quality dip from disc-ripped games? (Usb L GX & WiiFlow)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,375
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
So I ripped my entire game collection via usb loader GX (had to do Prime Trilogy via Wii-flow because USB Loader GX would hang mid-way through) on the wii about a month ago and now that I home-brewed my vWii I have been playing the same ripped games via usb loader GX on the vWii. The thing is games like, Twilight Princess for instance seems to have lower grade textures, like worse than what it did have on the disc, and with my experience Wii games naturally look alot better via the wii u so, seeing a downgrade in quality with disc-ripped games is concerning. However, certain games such as the Prime Trilogy, Mario Galaxy, and even Skyward Sword all look like they should when running via the disc vs. usb loaders so. In short is there going to be a difference if I re-rip certain games with clean rip or am I just being too paranoid lol?

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Too paranoid. USB loaders don't change anything, USB is naturally faster than the disc drive so loading times are decreased and that's about it, the look of the game has no reason to change.
CleanRip copies everything in the disc, this is why it's called like that. USB loaders usually have options to remove partitions not needed by the game, and if you're on FAT32 it will most certainly copy the game as .wbfs, removing the dummy disc space, thus no longer making it a 1:1 copy.

Best way to be safe is to do a 1:1 dump, verify it and then convert to .wbfs and remove unnecessary partitions or whatever. If you're absolutely certain the textures are changed, then rerip, but this is highly unlikely.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're paranoid. There is no difference in quality between actually playing on disc or USB loading ripped games. Few online scene release have extra languages removed (PAL release) to reduce size but not graphics. Even then since you ripped your own games you have everything on the disc minus dummy/padding data. Dummy/padding data are merely there to fill up the empty space.

The only time where ripped games have lower quality in graphics (and audio) is for Dreamcast release, where people try to fit GD-ROM rip to a CD-R. Again this is for online release. If you ripped it by yourself there is no such problem.

D

Deleted User

OP
Ok thanks everyone, playing them again I realize I like to look into things too much, which is both a good and bad thing lol, games look the same, i guess its where the image is cleaner it for some reason looks worse to me, which is natural i would suppose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1