Hacking Quake 3 (Crow_Bar) PSP Link Here!

jastolze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, for those of you who remember, there was a Quake 2 and 3 port released a while back. I've noticed that people can't find a working link to the port, so I figured I'd re upload it.

Note: It does NOT work on PSP 1000 (AKA Fat Model) as it needs the extra ram. As of today, it also doesn't run on the Vita, even with TaiKaku, but I've heard that the next update will fix that.

So, courtesy of Crow_Bar, here's the link: Q3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/641pvwaqvrhiqc8/Quake3PSP.rar
Q2: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pa01b7edos62c7v/Quake+2.rar
Don't forget to read the Changes, I've made a lot of them to config to speed the game up.

Last edited by jastolze,
Reactions: emuashui

jastolze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @jastolze do you think you could post the quake 2 link? I have quake 2 for psp but it runs slow....not sure how to optimize it. ivegot a psp 3000...
Yeah I'll have to find it first. I have it somewhere on my older computer. When do you notice it runs slow? Are you using the hardware rendering version by crowbar?

Negronicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using the crow bar version, but good news, its workig properly! It was slow on my 2000, but works great on my 3000. Dont understand why but im happy. However, i was wondering if you could help me with something else. I am trying to run juraj styk's Hexen 2 psp port and im following all the instructions but it doesnt seem to work at all....id hate to see this port go to waste, you think you could help me? Im running on 6.61 pro c firmware @jastolze

Last edited by Negronicus,

jastolze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using the crow bar version, but good news, its workig properly! It was slow on my 2000, but works great on my 3000. Dont understand why but im happy. However, i was wondering if you could help me with something else. I am trying to run juraj styk's Hexen 2 psp port and im following all the instructions but it doesnt seem to work at all....id hate to see this port go to waste, you think you could help me? Im running on 6.61 pro c firmware @jastolze
I've never played the hexen series. But I did find the Q2 link if you want to play it. It has bots (AI) to play against in Deathmatch that are very customizable. Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pa01b7edos62c7v/Quake+2.rar

Negronicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey quake 2 runs great on my 3000! I tried out the copy you gave me and its awesome too, but an onscreen keyboard popped up that i didnt know how to get rid of lol

jastolze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I wonder how hard would it be for someone to port Elite Force to the PSP? It uses the Quake 3 engine.
If it requires more ram or a faster CPU, it won't even make it to the map load screen. I had to change many settings with Q3 to get it to run so well so odds are it won't work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey quake 2 runs great on my 3000! I tried out the copy you gave me and its awesome too, but an onscreen keyboard popped up that i didnt know how to get rid of lol
Try pressing L - UP, there's a button combination that causes it to show and disappear.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So, for those of you who remember, there was a Quake 2 and 3 port released a while back. I've noticed that people can't find a working link to the port, so I figured I'd re upload it.

Note: It does NOT work on PSP 1000 (AKA Fat Model) as it needs the extra ram. As of today, it also doesn't run on the Vita, even with TaiKaku, but I've heard that the next update will fix that.

So, courtesy of Crow_Bar, here's the link: Q3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/641pvwaqvrhiqc8/Quake3PSP.rar
Q2: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pa01b7edos62c7v/Quake+2.rar
Don't forget to read the Changes, I've made a lot of them to config to speed the game up.
Thanks for these updated ports!

Reactions: jastolze

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
To bumping this to confirm that this works a treat on the Vita through Adrenaline! I'm really pleased.

It might be worth sharing this in the Vita section because I don't think many people realise this exists.

Purplstuph

Quake Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn, if only i didnt get rid of my psp.
Would be great if more developers ported this to 3ds as well (if it can work, that is)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning