Quake 3 (Crow_Bar) PSP Link Here!

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by jastolze, Jan 28, 2017.

1. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    So, for those of you who remember, there was a Quake 2 and 3 port released a while back. I've noticed that people can't find a working link to the port, so I figured I'd re upload it.

Note: It does NOT work on PSP 1000 (AKA Fat Model) as it needs the extra ram. As of today, it also doesn't run on the Vita, even with TaiKaku, but I've heard that the next update will fix that.

So, courtesy of Crow_Bar, here's the link: Q3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/641pvwaqvrhiqc8/Quake3PSP.rar
    Q2: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pa01b7edos62c7v/Quake+2.rar
    Don't forget to read the Changes, I've made a lot of them to config to speed the game up.

Last edited by jastolze, Feb 19, 2017
    emuashui likes this.
  2. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    Thanks, i would love quake 2 too. Will give it a shot on my psp go.

EDIT: No single player maps? I found myself in a level alone with rubic cubes.

Last edited by reprep, Jan 29, 2017
  3. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    You need to add bots from the menu. You can change the map too.

4. Negronicus

Negronicus Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2017
    United States
    Hey @jastolze do you think you could post the quake 2 link? I have quake 2 for psp but it runs slow....not sure how to optimize it. ivegot a psp 3000...

5. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    Yeah I'll have to find it first. I have it somewhere on my older computer. When do you notice it runs slow? Are you using the hardware rendering version by crowbar?

6. Negronicus

Negronicus Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2017
    United States
    Im using the crow bar version, but good news, its workig properly! It was slow on my 2000, but works great on my 3000. Dont understand why but im happy. However, i was wondering if you could help me with something else. I am trying to run juraj styk's Hexen 2 psp port and im following all the instructions but it doesnt seem to work at all....id hate to see this port go to waste, you think you could help me? Im running on 6.61 pro c firmware @jastolze

Last edited by Negronicus, Feb 19, 2017
  7. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    I've never played the hexen series. But I did find the Q2 link if you want to play it. It has bots (AI) to play against in Deathmatch that are very customizable. Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pa01b7edos62c7v/Quake+2.rar

8. Negronicus

Negronicus Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2017
    United States
    Hey quake 2 runs great on my 3000! I tried out the copy you gave me and its awesome too, but an onscreen keyboard popped up that i didnt know how to get rid of lol

9. Nerd42

Nerd42 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    Thanks. I wonder how hard would it be for someone to port Elite Force to the PSP? It uses the Quake 3 engine.

10. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    If it requires more ram or a faster CPU, it won't even make it to the map load screen. I had to change many settings with Q3 to get it to run so well so odds are it won't work.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Try pressing L - UP, there's a button combination that causes it to show and disappear.

11. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Thanks for these updated ports!

jastolze likes this.
  12. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    going to test these on adrenalin i think :) thanks

jastolze likes this.
  13. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    To bumping this to confirm that this works a treat on the Vita through Adrenaline! I'm really pleased.

It might be worth sharing this in the Vita section because I don't think many people realise this exists.