Hacking QA flagged OFW

Cycron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there guys, I have a problem with my PS3.

Today I startet my PS3 to play some games and stuff, so I start multiman. But to my surprise no backup was loaded. Was a bit confusing, because I finally played on my PS3 2 years ago.

So I checked my firmware, and it says "FW 4.65". There is no Rogero or kmeaw standing behind the version, so I thought I updatet my PS3 to OFW 4.65... :grog:

But then I remind that I QA flagged my PS3, and yes, I controlled it and QA token is set. I read that I can still install team Rebug CFW over every OFW coz of my QA Token and then downgrade back to 3.55 CFW over 999 downgrader by Team Rebug. Is that right? And what exactly do I have to do?

I hope someone can help me out.

Sry for my bad english.

D

Deleted User

PS3 CFW don't touch the version string. (The only way you know you're on CFW is either a custom boot, or attempting to run homebrew.

If you try to launch MM and get an error - you're on OFW.
If MM boots, you're still on CFW.

And no, you're confused. QA has nothing to do with OFW. It allows you to move down versions of CFW without bricking. IF your unit is on OFW, you'll need to have it downgraded via a flasher.

Cycron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow,MM is starting and working correctly. So I'm actually on CFW haha...
I was so confused, because nothing was written into the version string! But thank you so much for your help, I really thought, that I would had an installed OFW...

D

Deleted User

Good to hear. If you wish to update to a new CFW, just make sure you disable network connections, remove discs from the drive, and place the CFW on your usb stick under USB:/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP and then update from storage media.

Rebug and I think Rogero had splash screens when they booted up originally. But most don't (like Habib and a couple others)

Though as I said above, easiest thing is just run homebrew. If you get an error, it's obvious it's OFW :)

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: now I have 3 mig switch. going to return these 2 to aliexpress tho