Homebrew [Q] System Transfer with Region Change?

Argentlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a old3ds USA
I was planning to buy a japanese n3ds and change it region with this guide https://3ds.guide/region-changing

I understand that it turns the n3ds completely into a USA one
so can I just transfer my system from o3ds to it?

EDIT: I already buyed so now...

I'm following this guide that was updated yesterday https://3ds.guide/region-changing
but when I finished the section III it won't boot :unsure:

Is there someone who successfully did this?

I'm on N3DS Jap 11.3 with luma a9lh

Last edited by Argentlan,

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
If you convert thar JAP 3DS to USA, you'll have a usa console, both will be usa. So you can do System Transfer. And yep,you can system transfer with any 3ds model.
New > Old (2ds, 3ds) or viceversa

Reactions: Argentlan

Argentlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
that's nothing about my case but I think we can't transfer from new to old 3ds
are you sure about that?
anyway thanks for the reply :)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you convert thar JAP 3DS to USA, you'll have a usa console, both will be usa. So you can do System Transfer. And yep,you can system transfer with any 3ds model.
New > Old (2ds, 3ds) or viceversa
You can't go from New to Old; only Old to New, New to New, Old to Old. Don't spread false information.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Argentlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
and eshop wont work after regionchange
Actually maybe..
https://3ds.guide/region-changing said:
After this process, only New 3DSs which have never accessed the eShop before and any Old 3DSs will be able to access the eShop after creating a new NNID on their new region. Region changed New 3DSs that have already accessed the eShop on their original region cannot create a new NNID and access the eShop on their new region!

Note that occasionally the eShop will inexplicably still not work for devices that it should work for. This is entirely to do with Nintendo’s servers, and I really do not have any control over it.

Similar to the above warning, note that occasionally the eShop will inexplicably work for devices that it should not (such as some New 3DSs). The cause for this is currently unknown.

Last edited by Argentlan,

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
May I just point out that the N3ds will lose eshop access. You're better off just dumping saves etc, and just redownloading the games on the N3ds whilst keeping it a Jap N3ds

karikatourea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello, I know this is a pretty old thread, but I have a similar question and I didn't know whether I should open a new one.
I bought a USAian o3DS XL, I think I'd like to region change it in order to system transfer my europian account. I can't use eShop anyways.
So, is it confirmed that after the region change I'm gonna be able to system transfer? Do my puzzle swap progress and such move with it? Because it's the only reason I think it's worth the trouble.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat