Gaming (Q): Switch questions?

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi all,
after finishing Zelda on switch from aug 15th, I'm now looking forward to playing Fire emblem warriors + super Mario Odessey
as my 2nd & 3rd switch games that I will be getting on the 27th October.

but, I have some questions tho:

1) since, I have the switch case, that as stated by Nintendo can hold up to 5 games,
will I need to by this game cases for the games or is it needed?

2) since the joy cons don't last for 20hours as stated and there were times when I wanted to play switch but the joy cons ran out of joule and I ad to charge them when I wanted to play :(
is, it better to get a charge controller or a pro controller?
pro controller costs 80Euro/$, but wroth it when the joy cons need to charge etc :) (for tv usage mostly).

why are the peripherals, so expensive for switch?
the gamecube peripherals weren't that expensive back in the day, or even today?

3) since I have one AC, and I use the switch both on tv and out of it (bedroom),
is a second one needed?

thanx

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know on #1 but not likely.
On #2 maybe yours don't for whatever reason but I've read others do. The charge controller or pro is up to taste and how much you want to spend. The stuff costs a lot because of the tech inside is more than what the WiiU pro controller (PS3/4 etc) have going on in there too with the camera, 3d(haptic) rumble, etc.

#3 No it's just up to you.

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude
D

Deleted User

I personally find the Pro Controller more comfortable than the joy cons. Perhaps you could borrow a pro controller off a friend for a week then decide whether or not to buy one.

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
I personally find the Pro Controller more comfortable than the joy cons. Perhaps you could borrow a pro controller off a friend for a week then decide whether or not to buy one.
Also the battery life of the pro controller is superb

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
#1. up to you. i personally wouldn't put a lot of game cartridge in my switch case just in case the case itself get lost.
#2 your switch console would likely run out of battery first if you are playing mostly on handheld mode. if you are playing on docking mode often then a pro controller would benefit you. otherwise not really neccesary

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
after finishing Zelda on switch from aug 15th, I'm now looking forward to playing Fire emblem warriors + super Mario Odessey
as my 2nd & 3rd switch games that I will be getting on the 27th October.

but, I have some questions tho:

1) since, I have the switch case, that as stated by Nintendo can hold up to 5 games,
will I need to by this game cases for the games or is it needed?

2) since the joy cons don't last for 20hours as stated and there were times when I wanted to play switch but the joy cons ran out of joule and I ad to charge them when I wanted to play :(
is, it better to get a charge controller or a pro controller?
pro controller costs 80Euro/$, but wroth it when the joy cons need to charge etc :) (for tv usage mostly).

why are the peripherals, so expensive for switch?
the gamecube peripherals weren't that expensive back in the day, or even today?

3) since I have one AC, and I use the switch both on tv and out of it (bedroom),
is a second one needed?

thanx
1.) Do you mean for carrying your games around? I mean, carry around cartridges however you wish, just don't lose 'em :D

2.) Pro Controller. But I'm curious, how often do you find yourself running out of charge? My joycons have never gone below like 90% because my Switch runs out of battery long before they get there and charging up the Switch charges the joycons, too once the Switch is at 100%. Make sure the joycons are attached to the sides of the system when you're not using 'em so they can juice up while you're away.

3.) No, you can use the included AC charger and just move it from your dock to your bedroom outlet as needed, but maybe you might like another AC charger if that's too much of a hassle.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1)

I bought these really cheap plastic game cases off eBay for I think $1.20 each. Each one holds 4 games and they are small enough to fit in Nintendo's case. So they would expand 5 to 20. Not bad for $6 extra. I can send a link if you want.

2) I have both a charging grip and a pro controller. I mostly use the pro unless it's charging. The battery on the pro is amazing, as others have said. I highly recommend it. I use it a lot and I only really charge it evwry 2-3 weeks, if that.

3) If you get a charging grip or pro controller, they both come with a USB-C cable. If you have a USB AC adaptor, that will work, though it may be slower depending on the charger.

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1.) Do you mean for carrying your games around? I mean, carry around cartridges however you wish, just don't lose 'em :D

2.) Pro Controller. But I'm curious, how often do you find yourself running out of charge? My joycons have never gone below like 90% because my Switch runs out of battery long before they get there and charging up the Switch charges the joycons, too once the Switch is at 100%. Make sure the joycons are attached to the sides of the system when you're not using 'em so they can juice up while you're away.

3.) No, you can use the included AC charger and just move it from your dock to your bedroom outlet as needed, but maybe you might like another AC charger if that's too much of a hassle.

yeah, I'll get a pro controller for my switch to sue when I'm not using the jpycons (dock mode),
next time I go to my local game store (public), I'll checkout the pro controller at the switch stand, from the looks of it feels like the GC controller :)
also, I will eventually get a 2nd AC for my dock, but like after I get the two games and the pro controller. like in November or December or whenever I save 35 euro.
thanx for the tips, people :) appreciate them alot :)

also, is fire emblem warriors for switch heavy usage on the joy cons?
I remember when I played smash 4 on my 3ds, the circle pad took quite a beating (it isn't good for small or fighting games :( )

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

hollowtip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you want to get a Nintendo officially licensed controller, the Horipad may be a good alternative to you if you don't mind that it's wired and doesn't have an NFC chip, Rumble, or Gyroscopic features. However, it does have a detachable d-pad and rapid fire support as well that the official pro controller doesn't. I actually picked up the Horipad earlier this year because I refuse to pay $70 for the Pro controller, and this one is at more reasonable $30.00.

Attachments

• 61jqk63sd-L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    61jqk63sd-L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 135

Brayton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you want to get a Nintendo officially licensed controller, the Horipad may be a good alternative to you if you don't mind that it's wired and doesn't have an NFC chip, Rumble, or Gyroscopic features. However, it does have a detachable d-pad and rapid fire support as well that the official pro controller doesn't. I actually picked up the Horipad earlier this year because I refuse to pay $70 for the Pro controller, and this one is at more reasonable $30.00.

The turbo is good for sonic. GOTTA GO FAST!

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Congratulations but did you finish Zelda game 100 percent and everything ?

no, I just finished the main game, 100% everything? way to difficult to do.
I've done like 106 or so shrines, and all shrines quests.
I was going to do all the 120 shrines for the secret tunic, but after I beat the game, I got bored in doing it (plus some of the remains shrines are hard :( ).

20989198_10214123058018342_892057038320553054_o.jpg

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, I just finished the main game, 100% everything? way to difficult to do.
I've done like 106 or so shrines, and all shrines quests.
I was going to do all the 120 shrines for the secret tunic, but after I beat the game, I got bored in doing it (plus some of the remains shrines are hard :( ).

No spoiler for me. :) I will play it with everything to be complete. I understand your point of view.

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hay all,

I went the other day to my local game store & tried the pro controller they had at the switch stand (game was Mario kart 8).
the feel and buttons etc of the pro controller was very saticifing :)
it is needed if I can't use the joy cons cause they run out of battery :( .

the pro controller should be great for Fire emblem and super Mario oddessey.

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah, the Pro Controller is good.
I don't like so much its D-PAD, but everything else is great.
Specially the Analog Sticks, they are top quality.

yeah, I recently saw a video by Spawn Wave :

the hidden message it has inside put by Nintendo was funny and the battery that lasts up to 40 hours is a 3DS battery :)
so, it can be used in a 3DS?
now I see why the pro controller is SO exp, but it is all wroth it in the end :)
plus, it's like having a GC controller on switch!

also, apparently, the switch "can charge n play" like the 3ds, ds can.
so, yeah that's nice, I'll get a second ac to have one on my dock and one in my room.

Last edited by 2DSGamerdude,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands