Hardware Q.s about Joycons with pc/phone

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,476
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
1. can I make 2 joycons act as one big controller? I wanna play snes games on my phone and using 1 joycon just doesnt feel good with my big hands... I did already configure the 2 joycons to be 2 halves of the virtual controller the emulator is using but it will be very good if my phone/pc can recognize them as one controller...
2. I have plans of playing wii games (loz ss in particular) and I dont have other controllers with motion control (no wii controllers...) is this possible to configure the joycons to act as the nunchuk controller for wii? or like the original controller?
3. switch hax wen??!??!!!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1. can I make 2 joycons act as one big controller? I wanna play snes games on my phone and using 1 joycon just doesnt feel good with my big hands... I did already configure the 2 joycons to be 2 halves of the virtual controller the emulator is using but it will be very good if my phone/pc can recognize them as one controller...
2. I have plans of playing wii games (loz ss in particular) and I dont have other controllers with motion control (no wii controllers...) is this possible to configure the joycons to act as the nunchuk controller for wii? or like the original controller?
1. I don't know about phone but on PC you certainly can. There's a JoyCon driver that will let you do that: https://github.com/mfosse/JoyCon-Driver
WiinUPro also supports JoyCons now though I'm unsure if it has that functionality.
I have no idea if it will let you use motion controls though.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
D

Deleted User

OP
1. I don't know about phone but on PC you certainly can. There's a JoyCon driver that will let you do that: https://github.com/mfosse/JoyCon-Driver
WiinUPro also supports JoyCons now though I'm unsure if it has that functionality.
I have no idea if it will let you use motion controls though.
I never did anything with controllers and pc, is there any guide for setting up the joycons for dolphin (gc/wii emu)?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I never did anything with controllers and pc, is there any guide for setting up the joycons for dolphin (gc/wii emu)?
I think you set it up like any other controller. Which makes me think motion controls probably won't work.
Dolphin might need to have native support for it for motion controls to work, since the sensors don't seem to be exposed by the driver (they don't show up as axes in the controller settings)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted User

OP
I think you set it up like any other controller. Which makes me think motion controls probably won't work.
Dolphin might need to have native support for it for motion controls to work, since the sensors don't seem to be exposed by the driver (they don't show up as axes in the controller settings)
but the driver is said to support motion control...

WadsRUs

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Have you checked out the Mayflash Magic-NS?

Also check out the YouTube channel called My Mate VINCE which has a number of videos showing him connecting the Switch controllers to various consoles and PC devices. He has some cool videos for this kind of thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's worse is the dinosaur game popping up when the lotion comes out
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You use paper towels too? :rofl2:
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: females don't exist