Hardware [Q] How to use a disc save file with a digital download game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Heya, I bought minecraft PS3 yesterday and so far I've been playing on the retail version, on my PS3, however the disc version is not compatible with the digital version because it has got a different ID and name, I tried changing both and couldn't copy the save as it was ''corrupted'', I opened up both PARAM.sfo with a PARAM.SFO editor and both saves have the same account ID, I even tried copying just the game data but not the PARAM.SFO to the digital version folder but, even tho it allowed me to copy it, minecraft either gave me an error saying the world was corrupted or froze the entire PS3 while the music was still playing.

Is there anyway to use my disc save file with my digital download? By editing the save file's ID or anything? Both have the same account ID and both were played on the same PS3 system, I'm being desperate cuz I've sank over 72 hours of gameplay on the disc version and can't be arsed to start a new world on the digital one.

Thanks for the help

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know minecraft at all, so it's more questions than answers.
There's no export/import world feature? to send to friend. (creating a world nobody else can visit or test is strange).

Did you give a try to Savegame decryptor?

Are the save files the same size?
Maybe you will have to decrypt, and edit the data with hexeditor (in case the save data contains gameID or specific user account ID)

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I used BruteForce Save Data to decrypt the files, change the game ID and then encrypt it again, I had the files ready, the only problem was I didn't encrypt so when it allowed me to copy back to the console, the game would freeze or sometimes it wouldn't copy at all and just give me ''data is corrupted'' error.

TL;DR Its working if you decrypt, change the game ID, re-encrypt and copy the folder back to the USB drive.
Mods can close the thread plz, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.