Hardware [Q] Best GBA Flashcart Currently Available?

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, Looking for opinions on which flashcart to buy.

I Got a GBA SP (with a backlight) free at a garage sale, it worked.. But I disassembled it anyway and scrubbed the corrosion away with alcohol. The only part it needs is a new lens. (and I'll be spraying it matte / flat black)

Anyway, I would like to know what cart has the best features / compatibility.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Standalone for GBA use your really only option worth considering is the EZ4. Fortunately it is a nice enough cart (supports SDHC, compatible with basically everything -- http://gbatemp.net/threads/buying-a-gba-flash-cart-in-2013.341203/page-18#post-4756995 , most issues known and able to be worked around or outright fixed).

The other carts you might see are the supercard SD (don't -- slowdowns, incompatibility, annoyances all over the shop), some kind of firecard clone (at best 32 megabytes of space, GBA games were mostly 16 or smaller but did go up to 32) or maybe one of the old neoflash carts (not bad as such things go but you will have to have a very specific use case to beat the EZ4 and "playing through most of the GBA library that I might have missed out on" is not that).

After that you more or less move into GBA expansion pack (like the EZ 3 in 1 territory), something I would suggest having a DS and DS flash cart to manage as it is really no fun at all using one with a standalone GBA, or finding someone selling a really old GBA flash cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?