Homebrew putting emulators on 3ds, w/out hacking it,,

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes,, i know this should be on the noob page,, but,, lol I cant find the noob page. so,, how's this:

I got a 3ds, vers 9.9, I haven't hacked it at all. I have no access to my own pc, and I don't know how (logistically) I could hack it. I def want to play snes, and gba, maybe I'd put other emulators on it, but

is there a way to put emulators on it,, at least just using the hbl? I would like to upgrade it sometime to play 3ds games online,, but whatever. I have no way to put lumina etc on it so far, but I want to play snes and gba ya know,, I mean c'mon. is there a way,, I could put hbl on there,, or just put at least gba roms on the micro sd card and play them?? I am considering getting ocarina of time soon btw,, what are my options

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes,, i know this should be on the noob page,, but,, lol I cant find the noob page. so,, how's this:

I got a 3ds, vers 9.9, I haven't hacked it at all. I have no access to my own pc, and I don't know how (logistically) I could hack it. I def want to play snes, and gba, maybe I'd put other emulators on it, but

is there a way to put emulators on it,, at least just using the hbl? I would like to upgrade it sometime to play 3ds games online,, but whatever. I have no way to put lumina etc on it so far, but I want to play snes and gba ya know,, I mean c'mon. is there a way,, I could put hbl on there,, or just put at least gba roms on the micro sd card and play them?? I am considering getting ocarina of time soon btw,, what are my options
I would recommend luma 3ds. You can inject into the official nintendo GBA and SNES VC and run games fullspeed. A9LH is the recommend hack for your 3ds. Just don't update. Instead install a9lh while you can and not get locked out of all the cool things a cfw can do. Like streaming your 3ds wirelessly and other things. This guide is the go too guide for 3ds hacking https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki You can do the guide with an android phone.

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know about those hacks,, but I don't have access to my own pc lol,, that's what the main part of what im saying is,, if I could,, yes I'd do it!!!,, but I just want to know if I can play snes and gba games W/OUT that hack,, at least w/ just the hbl,,, and if I did put the hbl on there,, would it be alright if I upgraded my 3ds to the current os, ,, would I still be able to run hbl?? I am going to get ocarina of time shortly

wait... CAN I DO THE WHOLE THING W/ MY ANDROID PHONE???? mind you,, I don't have access to the internet all day either,, and I don't want to brick my 3ds obviously

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I know about those hacks,, but I don't have access to my own pc lol,, that's what the main part of what im saying is,, if I could,, yes I'd do it!!!,, but I just want to know if I can play snes and gba games W/OUT that hack,, at least w/ just the hbl,,, and if I did put the hbl on there,, would it be alright if I upgraded my 3ds to the current os, ,, would I still be able to run hbl?? I am going to get ocarina of time shortly

wait... CAN I DO THE WHOLE THING W/ MY ANDROID PHONE???? mind you,, I don't have access to the internet all day either,, and I don't want to brick my 3ds obviously
Well If you dont have access to internet... you might aswell wait

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You need access to internet but the full guide can be done with an android phone. All you need is a torrent app and a phone that can read mirco sd cards.

D

Deleted-379826

Yep your android phone should be just fine!

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well,, unfortunately torrrentz is down,, kickass,, is pretty much down, and I don't have a demonoid account. how long would the hack take to do?? (lumina)

and like I said if anything,, I can just put hbl on there and stuff,, should I NOT update the os the 11.0??

D

Deleted-379826

well,, unfortunately torrrentz is down,, kickass,, is pretty much down, and I don't have a demonoid account. how long would the hack take to do?? (lumina)

and like I said if anything,, I can just put hbl on there and stuff,, should I NOT update the os the 11.0??
Do NOT update the OS and don't worry about those sites being down. As for time I'm not sure.

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an app,, but what are the odds I would find them lol,, I thought they were basically the coder's sites or something

n ok I wont say that name,,

but if you don't think all the net police,, hackers,, whatever don't know what that site is,, you are,, well slow sir

Last edited by mike a,

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I have an app,, but what are the odds I would find them lol,, I thought they were basically the coder's sites or something

n ok I wont say that name,,

but if you don't think all the net police,, hackers,, whatever don't know what that site is,, you are,, well slow sir
THEY ARE LITTERALY IN THE DAMN GUIDE!!!! JUST GIVE IT A READDD!!! YOU'RE LUCKY THAT ITS LATE AND THAT IM NOT IN THE MOOD TO SWEAR

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read the guide!!! even in the guide it says you need a pc to do the guide lol. I didn't know some of the links were torrents,, sorry I didn't click on and read every last link, just the fact they were there.. oh well,, that isn't the point

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I have read the guide!!! even in the guide it says you need a pc to do the guide lol. I didn't know some of the links were torrents,, sorry I didn't click on and read every last link, just the fact they were there.. oh well,, that isn't the point
you dont need a pc anymore....

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome lol, then all I would need is a bigger micro sd card, do I need constant access to the net?? I don't know how long it would take to hack it,, but I can go to a wifi spot and do it probly

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome lol, then all I would need is a bigger micro sd card, do I need constant access to the net?? I don't know how long it would take to hack it,, but I can go to a wifi spot and do it probly
Not constant access, but make sure the 3ds is connected to the network.

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm,, the easiest place I have to do it at,, the internet sucks lol, it constantly goes in and out,, but I can connect

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: