Hacking Put "hidden" titles to menu

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Ok, so the title might not be the best, but don't know how to say it. So, is there any way, how I can put hidden titles (personally SD management) on menu (so I don't have to go to setting -> data management -> microSD managment)?
Thanks for help :)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those options would have to be reworked (or whatever needs to be done) so that they can be installed via FBI. For microSD management, find the .cia for it on that iso site. It should still be there (to my knowledge). I'm not sure how they managed to make it work.

Just know that after exiting the microSD management cia, it will crash to the exception error screen. That's normal.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
BTW do you know a way to prevent the Console from rebooting after you finished a Session?
Or is this normal on LUMA 8? The only way i found was to switch to Luma 7 Legacy Build.. Or is there another way?? thx

Kubas_inko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
BTW do you know a way to prevent the Console from rebooting after you finished a Session?
Or is this normal on LUMA 8? The only way i found was to switch to Luma 7 Legacy Build.. Or is there another way?? thx
Are you using cia or via settings? Becuase for me it does not restart, but now, I installed cia and it just give luma error

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
i have the CIA version.. After the Session Luma forces me to shut down and restart.. Before LUMA 8 i only got an Error message.. Thats why i switched to the Legacy Build

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there's a way you can, because microSD management isn't supposed to be able to be launched from outside of System Settings, and it's only supposed to reboot you to system settings.

Kubas_inko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I don't think there's a way you can, because microSD management isn't supposed to be able to be launched from outside of System Settings, and it's only supposed to reboot you to system settings.
you can launch it from fbi and it won't crash after closing it, so there have to be possibility

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I think the problem is that Luma 8 handles the Reboot patches in another way than in earlier version so the CIA Version of SD Management must be updatet to match the way Luma 8 handles it

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I think it's luma crash handling stuff interfering with any crash on the system, while on the older versions the error could just be closed and you could carry on, luma now tries to catch the crash and dump error logs or something then resets the console.........so yeah unless that changes I think any ungraceful app closes will result in a total hard reset of the system

PS for those wondering the "hidden" option, is just a flag in the apps icon file that forces the system to hide its icon from the home screen, to change it you need to repack the app and change the icon flag

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: crazy_p

Kubas_inko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I think the problem is that Luma 8 handles the Reboot patches in another way than in earlier version so the CIA Version of SD Management must be updatet to match the way Luma 8 handles it

I think it's luma crash handling stuff interfering with any crash on the system, while on the older versions the error could just be closed and you could carry on, luma now tries to catch the crash and dump error logs or something then resets the console.........so yeah unless that changes I think any ungraceful app closes will result in a total hard reset of the system
but when I run the "preinstalled" sd manager via fbi, it closes ok. When I run the cia installed sd manager via fbi, it crashes. So the problem can be, that they are different apps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs