Hacking PSX EBOOTs have unresponsive controls

CaliberDR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looked around quite a bit and found nothing on this issue, but I apologize if it's been posted before. My PSP is a 1001 with 6.20 PRO B10. I ripped the games from my discs using ImgBurn and converted them to EBOOTs using PSXPSP v1.42 then placed the resulting folders in the PSP\Game folder. The games run fine, except the intro movies will just loop (as if you left it idle) since the games don't respond to the inputs. Only thing I can do is press 'Home' and navigate that menu, which doesn't resolve the issue. Tried installing POPSLoader v3 according to Terminator02's guide to see if it would alleviate the issue, but none of the POPS version I tried made any difference. The games for the curious are Tekken 3, Suikoden 2, Xenosaga (all the discs on one EBOOT), and SaGa Frontier 2. Would appreciate any help in the matter.

CaliberDR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, all the games save Xenogears (not Xenosaga as I said) are single-disc games. Tried disc one of Xenogears and it plays, but no controls. Other than POPSLoader v3, I have Joysens v1.5 installed to adjust the analog stick since it's wonky. Can't recall if I installed Joysens before or after trying to play the PSX EBOOTs, but I'm assuming I should try removing it to see how they function?

EDIT: Removing Joysens had no effect on the games whatsoever.

EDIT2: So no one knows I guess? Sigh...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...