Hacking PSVita JB question?

Overdrive89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, another question.. Is there a jailbreak for 3.15 or are there any chances of one? I don't really know what psvita sites to go to for jailbreak news and this site seems pretty decent for news and updates.

Thanks guys :)

Overdrive89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hats great. I have actually seen this site before but what are hbl and cfw and ecfw etc? I am a total noob when it comes down to this haha.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
CFW = Custom Firmware, and no such thing on the PS Vita as of yet.
eCFW = "Emulated" CFW, if I recall correctly. It refers to Custom Firmware running on the embedded PSP Mode of the system. This kind of CFW is launched using an exploitable PSN game. eCFW requires a kernel-level exploit, so it's not always available.
VHBL = Vita Half-Byte Loader. VHBL is an application used for launching homebrew, it's booted much like eCFW, but does not require a kernel-level exploit, userland exploits are good enough.

In short, PSP Mode has been hacked and occasionally hackers release new exploits for it. PSVita Mode has not been hacked and we're nowhere near hacking it. If you're looking for the latest PSP Mode releases, head to Wololo.net and register at their forums - they usually release the titles prior to official announcements.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end