Tutorial  Updated

Full PS Vita CFW Guide (h-encore + HENkaku Ensō)

This is a collaborative project between Plailect (author of 3ds.hacks.guide) and myself (emiyl, author of cfw.guide) to build the best possible up-to-date reference for the PS Vita (TV) hacks scene.

If you have a stock console and are looking to hack your device for the first time, simply read the information on the home page.

:arrow: Guide

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good deal. backup your memory card using vita shell's usb connection. that way if something ever goes wrong, the system will rebuild the database via your micro sd card. make sure the tai is in us0 as well, and you'll be golden. then, u can sell your memory card. lol
No, I just want the Added Space, and have the PSPEmu in the uma0:

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what it looks like
Adrenaline Black Directory Listings.jpg

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty helpful so far! My Vita is a mess, though, so transferring files via USB is strictly out of the question. It can charge from that port but not read data for some reason. So I just said "screw it" and started fresh.

Is there a guide for installing Adrenaline on a Vita running Enso and the SD2VITA card? Because my stars, doing that is a colossal pain in the butt on a PSTV using a flash drive as storage.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty helpful so far! My Vita is a mess, though, so transferring files via USB is strictly out of the question. It can charge from that port but not read data for some reason. So I just said "screw it" and started fresh.

Is there a guide for installing Adrenaline on a Vita running Enso and the SD2VITA card? Because my stars, doing that is a colossal pain in the butt on a PSTV using a flash drive as storage.

place flash files on ux0; adrenaline plugin files on ur0:/adrenaline . u should be good to go then.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using Adrenaline EasyInstaller. Some advice: never use Adrenaline EasyInstaller. It wiped out my Tai configuration and booted from the Vita memory card. I thought for a minute that I lost all the stuff I loaded onto my SD card, but luckily, I just had to restore that config file. After a reboot, all was well.

That rumored Adrenaline VPK can't come soon enough. EasyInstaller is a damn headache... always has been, always will be.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I'm not sure why people use easy installers anyway. It's inconvenient for those having different setups so it can cause problems. It's not hard to edit the config.txt that you mainly use to add adrenaline location.

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
I'm not sure why people use easy installers anyway. It's inconvenient for those having different setups so it can cause problems. It's not hard to edit the config.txt that you mainly use to add adrenaline location.
Hmm, I might look into removing that, or adding a separate guide for people with different setups.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hmm, I might look into removing that, or adding a separate guide for people with different setups.
It's not easy to maintain that.
Some people use Sd2vita as uma0, some as ux0.. same with Sony card, and adrenaline can be installed on any of these 4 locations. It's also recommended to be installed to ur0

Like I said, complicated to use easy installers for different setups. A user should be able to understand a concept, and understand what he's doing, or he has no business hacking the vita in the first place

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using Adrenaline EasyInstaller. Some advice: never use Adrenaline EasyInstaller. It wiped out my Tai configuration and booted from the Vita memory card. I thought for a minute that I lost all the stuff I loaded onto my SD card, but luckily, I just had to restore that config file. After a reboot, all was well.

That rumored Adrenaline VPK can't come soon enough. EasyInstaller is a damn headache... always has been, always will be.

I think that's the bug I've mentioned before where the config.txt is recreated, not modified, so all plugins in the original config.txt r not listed in the new one. :-/

Last edited by godreborn,

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users