Hacking PSTV on 3.20, what are my options?

zxcman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hello, I bought a brand new PSTV and it came on 3.20.

I got it for the couple of Vita exclusives I want to play Zero Escape 3 (probably gonna get the 3DS version too) and Corpse Party: Blood Drive mainly.

So my understanding is that PSTV is basically a Vita without a couple of features and the Vita is mainly hackable on PSP mode, and a few homebrews can run on native Vita hardware, how true is that?

Next I must ask about the memory cards. Is there anyway to get around buying Sony's overpriced Vita memory cards? No micro SD memory adapter or third party cheaper reliable Vita memories?

I also have a hacked PS3, and can run PSP games on it, but they're a bit glitchy at times and there's no support for the right analog, would playing PSP games on PSP mode on a hacked PSTV fix that or at least improve it?

Finally, I understand that in order to hack a Vita, one would need to get a specific, bugged PSN game on it, and the only way to do so without updating would be to connect said Vita to a fully updated, non hacked PS3 and transfer the game using the PS3, now I must ask, is that possible with a PS4 (which I intend to get soon) and can the PS3 be connected to a PSTV? It'd be even better if there's a retail game that got the save bug thingy.

Thanks for your cooperation and sorry for asking too many questions.

D

Deleted-355425

psp roms play perfect as do ps1 on your firmware, you need a ps3 that can connect to the psn to grab a game to send over to the vita.

zxcman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Thanks for your input, I'd appreciate it if you could answer the rest of my questions or guide me to a FAQ or something.

I was mainly asking how to connect a PSTV to a PS3, would any male to male USB cable work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded