Hardware PSTV + DS4 = horrible range

veekay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else run into this issue?

New PSTV along with one of the DS4 from my PS4 and I am barely able to play anything due to the lag and/or missed button presses just from sitting about 10ft away. Moving closer and of course everything is fine, but that doesn't really help me much.

I don't seem to have the same issue with a DS3 controller, so I'm wondering if this is just an issue with the DS4 or is the range the PSTV is able to achieve just this bad?

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sounds like a you only issue? mine seems to work as expected from across my bedroom (about 20 feet)

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
search your favourite search engine for Dualshock 4 interference or similar terms. Lots have the same problem. Some have solved it. I'd start problem-solving by turning off wi-fi and bluetooth from any other device that may have it on. Then I'd make sure no nearby metal surfaces are blocking or interfering with signal propagation. Start with the basics and go from there.

veekay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the big thing, nothing else had wifi or bluetooth turned on. The only thing with bluetooth was a dongle on a laptop and I unplugged that. I'm just having to stick with the ds3 for now.

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
PS TV's Bluetooth chip is crap when I drink something just 2 meters away from device signal is dropping when the tea cup gets between headphone ( Sony n-270 ) and PS TV.

And yes ds3 getting signal far away when compared withds4 but even withds3 you can't go too far away.

For example I used ds3 from the furthest corner of my living room with PSP go connected to TV without any delay it signal drop but its very difficult with PS TV. Its hardly getting signal and usually dropping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: