Hacking PSTV and FW 3.20 - Is PKG Installer usable?

MDashK

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
Hello everyone,

I've been searching around the internet and am still to find if the PKG Installer actually works on a PSTV with FW 3.20 or not...

Some say it works, because is basically the 3.18 FW.
Others say it doesn't work...

So, what is the real answer?
Because in here (http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/INFO_PKGINST.html) it says it works, and at the same time says "As of Firmware 3.20 Sony added some security instances to URI calls and patched the useability of the PKG Installer app.."
So, that last phrase, does it mean it works or not?

I just want to be able to launch PKG Installer and install some demo PKGs from around the internet. Possibily download a few using my PS3 and install them later using this.

Is it possible?

BR,

D

Deleted User

You're in luck! 3.20 does support the PKG installer app, because I remember me being able to open the PKG installer through the Support URI call and actually getting it to open too.

However... you're on a PSTV. And the Package Installer app on a Vita TV will probably not be useful unless you have Host0: set up, and I think that requires setting some kind of dev environment on your PC, because if I recall correctly, only devs use Host0:

MDashK

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
Last edited by MDashK,

MDashK

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
@Voxel Studios

Just to keep a record if anyone else is searching for this:

To use PKG Installer with PSTV on Firmware 3.20, you don't need to use anything special nor Proxy's or anything like that.

Infact, PKG Installer works marvelously over WiFi!

You only have to use VitaUpdateBlocker to register the PC (that has QCMA installed) with your PSTV over in the Content Manager app.
Once the PC is registered, whenever you open PKG Installer, if the PC with QCMA is On and with QCMA open, and both the PC and PSTV are connected in the same network, QCMA will automatically detect the PSTV and will show the message that it's connected.

Then, over at the PSTV PKG Installer, just open the Content Manager option and the PKG files will all be there to install.

Keep in mind that the install of the PKG over WiFi will take some time, specially for big files like >1GB.

So, resuming:

- Have QCMA installed in PC and registered with PSTV (use VitaUpdateBlocker to register the PC with PSTV in CMA)
- Have the PC turned ON and QCMA open with the Database refreshed (so that the PKG files appear)
- Open PKG Installer over at the PSTV, message in QCMA will pop-up saying PSTV is connected
- Done! Select the Content Manager option in PKG Installer and all your PKG will belong to you.

BR.

Reactions: guisadop
D

Deleted User

oh right, lol. I never knew that it could work like that. I had updated my PSTV from 3.20 to 3.55 not long back because that's when I just got a 3.01 Vita. :wink:

I make a lot of bad decisions in life lelz. :(

MDashK

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
LOL

Yeah, I almost bought a Vita with FW 3.01 for 75€ but in the end I backed up at the deal.
Ended up buying the PSTV for 30€ and I'm glad I did.

My main goal was to be able to run the PKG Installer on another system to run and play some Demos.
I already have a Vita 1000 with the most recent FW to play everything legit, and the ePSP hacks and Rejuvenate are of no interest to me. Got 2 PSP (2000 and Go) so no need for that, plus emulation on PC and PS3, plus my memory card of the PSTV is only 4GB, hardly enough space for PSP ISOs. And everything in Rejuvenate so far are (mainly emulators, aside from the Homebrew games) one can play in PC or other systems like PS3 and PSP, so yeah...

This PSTV was one of the best deals I've ever made. LOL
30€, brand new, with warranty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2