Hardware PSP3000 part question

TigerFestival87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I switched my PSP3000's housing last week and it's been playing fine but today I was cleaning my apartment and I found a piece I think was part of the PSP that must have fallen out. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this piece actually does and where it goes(I'm assuming it attaches to the LCD screen) and if I actually need it since it seems fine nothing seems loose or anything and it plays fine.
IMG_0573(50%).jpg

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I switched my PSP3000's housing last week and it's been playing fine but today I was cleaning my apartment and I found a piece I think was part of the PSP that must have fallen out. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this piece actually does and where it goes(I'm assuming it attaches to the LCD screen) and if I actually need it since it seems fine nothing seems loose or anything and it plays fine.
View attachment 50216
That holds the top of the LCD in place it's not super important but the screen can bobble a little if you are rough with it.

TigerFestival87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That holds the top of the LCD in place it's not super important but the screen can bobble a little if you are rough with it.
Thanks for the reply, I figured it had to do with the LCD screen. The screen seems stable but I might put it back anyways, do you think I can just slide it in place or will I have to lift the LCD up to make room to put it in place?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, I figured it had to do with the LCD screen. The screen seems stable but I might put it back anyways, do you think I can just slide it in place or will I have to lift the LCD up to make room to put it in place?
Just pop the LCD off slightly (no need to disconnect it) and fit it under the upper portion of the LCD, the little bit that's sticking out goes downwards towards the board and the LCD lays on top of it. It should fall into place with no force needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."