XP
Country
United States
psp2comp.jpg

Basically... its HUGE.

D

Deleted_171835

Shouldn't be in the news section.
The PSP2 is quite large! I doubt it will be comfortable in my hands.

SPH73

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Shouldn't be in the news section.The PSP2 is quite large! I doubt it will be comfortable in my hands.

You are definitely wrong about that.

Size is one of the most important considerations when it comes to choosing a portable.

This thing is almost Atari Lynx huge.

Now if only Sony would stop being so suspiciously quiet about price and battery life...

Traversal

Soooo cool!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, at least we know now how they're storing all of the hardware. I mean, the 3DS is smaller then then the DSi, but the NGP is a lot bigger then the PSP?! I wonder how people are going to fit this in their pockets!

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Seems a bit unusual to have any handheld that's larger than the PSP, but I guess it makes sense for them to do that.

SPH73 said:
Now if only Sony would stop being so suspiciously quiet about price and battery life...
Kotaku reports that Sony is aiming for battery life to be around the PSP-3000's, which is 4 to 6 hours.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Jolan said:
People actually carry their consoles in pockets? I always carry mine in my schoolbag.

Not everyone has a school bag every time.

D

Deleted_171835

SPH73 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Shouldn't be in the news section.The PSP2 is quite large! I doubt it will be comfortable in my hands.
You are definitely wrong about that.
It isn't news, though.
We already knew the PSP2 was huge. The only thing this thread adds is a picture with a comparison to other consoles. That doesn't warrant a new thread in the News section.

SPH73

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Seems a bit unusual to have any handheld that's larger than the PSP, but I guess it makes sense for them to do that.

SPH73 said:
Kotaku reports that Sony is aiming for battery life to be around the PSP-3000's, which is 4 to 6 hours.

Gee, that's funny cause I remember Sony's own John Koller saying...

PSP 3000 Battery Life Worse than Older PSPs

"Battery life will decrease by a small amount; it's material, but it's about 20 minutes, maybe 30 minutes. And that's because there's a little bit of a larger power draw with the brighter screen," Koller told GameSpot.

And according to IGN's PSP battery hard testing the average PSP battery life is roughly 3.3 hours, or less depending on the game.

Sounds familiar....

I wont believe anything until Sony makes an official public statement. And even then I'll wait for the web sites to do their own reality based testing.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Jolan said:
Well what do you carry your books in when you go to school/college then?

jan777 said:
QUOTE(Jolan @ Jan 28 2011, 06:31 AM) People actually carry their consoles in pockets? I always carry mine in my schoolbag.

Not everyone has a school bag every time.

Do I have to carry my school bag when Im just going to my friends house?

SPH73

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
FFS, I didn't know that it was this large? Damn, that's quite big, I have big hands though so not really a problem for me.

I don't think anyone with "man sized hands" will have a problem playing this thing. I think its more a problem when it comes to portability.

PSP Go or iPhone are definitely a lot more portable than the PSP2. The same is true for 3DS.

DS Lite was the most portable of the DS series. 3DS is kinda bulky. (Thick)

Rule number one of making a great porable = make it small. Open Source Portable developers like the people behind the Dingoo know I'm right. (However the guy making Pandora is just f'ing crazy.)

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
SPH73 said:
the average PSP battery life is roughly 3.3 hours, or less depending on the game.
The 4 to 6 hours claim is something they'd likely use as a term for marketing, and it should mean that under idle conditions, you should get 4 to 6 hours of battery life. My PSP lasted me 6 hours listening to music on the plane, but can hardly hold up to 4 when playing games. Likely the same case for the NGP, where we'll probably get the 4 to 6 hours if we just use it for music playback, and possibly 3G and Wi-Fi disabled. Games will probably diminish the battery down to 2.5 hours to 3 hours.

SPH73

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
SPH73 said:
the average PSP battery life is roughly 3.3 hours, or less depending on the game.
The 4 to 6 hours claim is something they'd likely use as a term for marketing, and it should mean that under idle conditions, you should get 4 to 6 hours of battery life. My PSP lasted me 6 hours listening to music on the plane, but can hardly hold up to 4 when playing games. Likely the same case for the NGP, where we'll probably get the 4 to 6 hours if we just use it for music playback, and possibly 3G and Wi-Fi disabled. Games will probably diminish the battery down to 2.5 hours to 3 hours.

Mmm. no. I'm bound to take the word of an actual Sony employee over someone who is just posting annecdotal evidence on a message board.

Kotaku claimed Sony was going for "PSP 3000 battery life." Meanwhile Sony's own John Koller claims that PSP 3000 battery life is 20 to 30 minutes less than the earlier model PSPs. IGN specifically states that PSP 1000 battery life was 3.3 hours

So its safe to assume that PSP2 battery life is 3 hours or less

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not much bigger than the PSP. I'd like to see it next to the DSi XL. You know they'll be a PSP2 lite in two years. I guess the size is reasonable considering it's the power of a PS3 in a handheld. I really like the size of the PSP but it might have been a better idea to keep the PSP2 as wide as the PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?