Hacking PSP1000 Permanently Bricked?

ClintYip_92122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So I dug out my old PSP1000 a while ago, but the battery was fully dead so I bought a new one. Now that it's charged up, when I power it on the green power-on light turns on for about 3 seconds and turns off again, but with no display at all during those 3 seconds.

This PSP did have a CFW on it (i'm not sure which - it was new enough to play Patapon 3). I've tried pressing R and turning it on, taking out the memory card and turning it on, L+Home and turning it on, taking out the battery and plug into AC to turn it on, any combinations of those - still the same result.

I've tried using a Pandora Battery + Magic Memory stick (freshly created from another PSP1000 with CFW) - tested and works fine with the hacked PSP. Plugged it into my old PSP that's giving the above issues, results in the same green light on/off in 3 seconds.

Anyone know a fix or has had this occur?

Natethekidrs00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I dug out my old PSP1000 a while ago, but the battery was fully dead so I bought a new one. Now that it's charged up, when I power it on the green power-on light turns on for about 3 seconds and turns off again, but with no display at all during those 3 seconds.

This PSP did have a CFW on it (i'm not sure which - it was new enough to play Patapon 3). I've tried pressing R and turning it on, taking out the memory card and turning it on, L+Home and turning it on, taking out the battery and plug into AC to turn it on, any combinations of those - still the same result.

I've tried using a Pandora Battery + Magic Memory stick (freshly created from another PSP1000 with CFW) - tested and works fine with the hacked PSP. Plugged it into my old PSP that's giving the above issues, results in the same green light on/off in 3 seconds.

Anyone know a fix or has had this occur?
i know this might not be the most helpful but it might be a power supply issue because it powers on and then shuts off (Possible fried motherboard). also just for the record im not that technical with hardware so i could be telling you a stupid common error is a serious issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.