Hacking Homebrew Psp with mod chip. Load games off memory stick?

isamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about getting a pre-moded PSP, and was wondering if you can load commercial PSP games directly off of it? If not ALL games, which games?Ridge Racers? Tony Hawk? Lumines? Alpha 3?

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You don't need a modchipped PSP to launch ISO's from a memory stick, you simply need to have a version 1.5 PSP.

There is now a downgrader program available for your PSP to go from 2.5/2.6 down to version 1.5, however you will be stuck if you are higher than version 2.6.

There are various ISO launching programs out there, the most recent one available is called DevHook 0.42a.
This program will let you emulate later firmware versions on your PSP and let you boot ISO's from your memory stick.

Be prepared to buy at least a 1GB or 2GB memory stick to get full use of ISOs.

EDIT - I forgot to mention that just about all ISO's are currently working using the DevHook program, some require fixes/patches to be applied first. (There are a couple that are still not functioning)
yaypsp.gif

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You don't need a modchipped PSP to launch ISO's from a memory stick, you simply need to have a version 1.5 PSP.

There is now a downgrader program available for your PSP to go from 2.5/2.6 down to version 1.5, however you will be stuck if you are higher than version 2.6.

There are various ISO launching programs out there, the most recent one available is called DevHook 0.42a.
This program will let you emulate later firmware versions on your PSP and let you boot ISO's from your memory stick.

EDIT - I forgot to mention that just about all ISO's are currently working using the DevHook program, some require fixes/patches to be applied first. (There are a couple that are still not functioning)Â
yaypsp.gif

ur absolutely correct

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

EDIT - I forgot to mention that just about all ISO's are currently working using the DevHook program, some require fixes/patches to be applied first. (There are a couple that are still not functioning)Â
yaypsp.gif

ur absolutely correct, plus a mod chip for the psp is currently about $100 so it isnt worth it when u can just downgrade and use devhook

isamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I want mine to be modded, so that I can switch back and forth between firmwares on the fly, even the latest 2.9 firmware which has HD-UMD support.

Will I need dev hook with a modded PSP?

No Name Trowa Barton

Namaiki iun-ja naiyo™
Trophies
Website
www.NoNameTrowaBarton.com
XP
Country
United States
highest version is 2.8

the mod chip lets you override the frimware with its own custom frimware. or boot to the untouched frimware.

you can even used the modchip on a bricked psp to unbrick it.

but id recomend sticking with 1.50 and runing 2.71 via devhook untell 2.8 is suported by devhook.

just my 2 cents.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
but id recomend sticking with 1.50 and runing 2.71 via devhook untell 2.8 is suported by devhook.

just my 2 cents.

Thats the problem right there. Getting ur hands on a 1.5 PSP is hard and people want you to pay a premium for them. It'd be easier to spring for the premodded one tat way you can change ur firmware whenever you please and also fix ur PSP if you accidentally brick it. Personally, I'd go with the premodded one.
cool.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong

just my 2 cents.

Thats the problem right there. Getting ur hands on a 1.5 PSP is hard and people want you to pay a premium for them. It'd be easier to spring for the premodded one tat way you can change ur firmware whenever you please and also fix ur PSP if you accidentally brick it. Personally, I'd go with the premodded one.
cool.gif

Or just get a 2.5/2.6 one then downgrade to 1.5... pretty much all the PSPs on sale right now are 2.5 or 2.6 I think.

Nenyana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
success-hk.com are selling homebrew compatible Psp's. You have to be careful with buying other ones because many of the Motherboards blacklist the 1.5 IPL preventing any successful downgrading. I have the Modchip in my Psp simply because having dual firmwares and being able to unbrick the Psp really offers the best of both worlds.

OG LOCC NESS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

just my 2 cents.

cool.gif
It's actually not that hard to get a 1.5 PSP. It's realllllly easy to buy online, if you go to the message boards (and buy from trusted members). I frequently visit a forum that sells 1.5 PSP's for $150, and usually comes with a game (or 2) and a 32 MB memory stick. And ISO loading is very very easy as well, all you do is download Devhook and download the iso and put the ISO in your ISO folder on your memory stick.

If anyone needs help figuring out how to do this, feel free to send me a PM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"