Gaming PSP Slim Questions and FirmwareQuestions.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Originality said:
Something I have heard though is that "streamed" or "live-updated" games such as GTA (i.e. games that don't use loading screens everywhere) are largely incompatible with PSP S/L TV-Out unless you use the composite cable (even with FuSu). This is due to the graphics being "progressive" instead of interlaced, for higher quality - something that can't be transferred to anything less than the 3 video ports used in composite. However, there are few of these games that I know of, so FuSu will usually make games work with TV-Out, no matter the cable.
I guess you mean component (red, green, blue plugs) there, because that can transport progressive scan, and composite (single yellow plug) can't.

To you and everyone else: thanks for the interesting tips, I'm very much in the same boat Tortimer is in.

Tortimer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Once again thanks IBNobody.

jelbo: Learning to use a console to it's maximum extent is the shit
tongue.gif
Can't wait until I get my hands on a PSP.

Another question: I've read abput the S&L being able to connect to USB. Is it standard micro-USB or is a PSP unique cable required?

Is the cable included in the S&L box when you purchase it?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
jelbo: Thanks for correcting me. It's a mistake I often make, so sorry for any confusion.

Tortimer: Yes, it is a standard USB->mini-USB connection. The same one that I use on my phone and my external HDD. In some places you can get a special cable that has a mini-USB plug and a power plug, all for the price of 1 USB slot on your computer/laptop. Very useful for charging up your PSP (or keeping on playing if it's out of batteries).

And no, the cable is not included as standard (at least, it wasn't in either of my PSPs). You have to buy it seperate (or use one from other mini-USB devices) but it is cheap anyway.

Tortimer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Originality.

Btw, I've ordered the Pandora battery from DX and a Hori screen protecor, and on tuesday, I'll buy my very own PSP S&L.

And not to long after that I'll by a Sandisk 4GB ULTRA II (or MARK2 as it seems to be called here in Sweden), but until then I'll just have to use my Sony 1GB.

Edit: And I'll also buy Vice city stories and Batman Begins on tuesday (like 6$ for BB, and I thought it could be fun to have a real game and a movie)

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a special USB cable to charge the PSP Slim. While it's connected it can be charged, and with a prx it can be charged with USB ingame.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
.prx is the file format that PSP uses for its plugins. Official, unofficial, or a mix inbetween (if you excuse poetic liscence), the PSP uses prx for its plugins. Most go in a folder called "seplugins" if they're third party plugins.

And btw, I never said you needed a USB cable to charge your PSP. It is true that PSP can charge from the USB port (although this sometimes is a bit tempermental). What I meant in my post was that a special cable can allow data transfer via the USB port, and charging at the same time with a power plug extention from the USB cable. It's useful keeping connected to my laptop to charge because the AC adaptor can get in the way sometimes (and uses up the wall plugs).

Tortimer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, time to whip up the old thread again.

Small question this time; When you turn off the PSP you can either choose to shut it of completely (by pressing the power switch upwards for 2-3 sec.) or just pressing it upwards (

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st one. Why? Try playing a game, put it into sleep mode, take out the battery, put it back in.
Is your game still there? No.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tortimer said:
So, time to whip up the old thread again.

Small question this time; When you turn off the PSP you can either choose to shut it of completely (by pressing the power switch upwards for 2-3 sec.) or just pressing it upwards (

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...