Hardware PSP Slim green light on, but screen doesn't work...?

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a no0b at PSPs, I bought one recently and the PSP appeared to be working (screen, menu, and everything) when I first purchased it. On the car ride home after the purchase, I turned off the PSP. Interested in the menu, I immediately tried to turn it back on. Except now the screen just doesn't seem to turn on when I turn it on now. The green light appears to work but the screen doesn't respond. Computers don't seem to know that my PSP is plugged in by USB, as well. (if that helps somehow) I've been lurking the internet and have seen people say that holding the R button during power on gets you into the recovery menu but nothing happens. It justs sits there with it's little green light. I've also been told I could've just put it in sleep mode, as whenever I insert the battery the psp green light automatically turns on. But I never heard any sound.

What do I do? What are some things I should do so I know it's not bricked?

Hacked PSP 2001
Unsure of the firmware, 3.-something.

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The light should not turn on automatically when you insert the battery. The battery you have is probably a pandora one. Try plugging in the charger to the psp to power it. Leave the battery out and turn it on with the power switch.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Pluupy said:
Computers don't seem to know that my PSP is plugged in by USB, as well.

Do you actually have a memory stick inserted when you try this? Because the auto USB feature was only introduced in later firmwares.....also have you tried taking the battery out completely and setting it to one side, then powering up using just the mains charger?

What i'd suggest that you do if all else fails would be to put the Update for 4.01 OFW on your Memory stick and see if you can run it (assuming that the PSP is working but oyu have no screen or sound). It's three or four key presses to reflash a firmware...

Actually i missed that it auto turns on....scratch the above....

Use this to format your stick and inject the Time Machine IPL. It'll work then.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally fixed it. Turns out, I wasn't using a magic memory stick. (was using a Sony 4gb PRO DUO Magic Gate) Created it and...that's all, I suppose. It works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool