Hacking PSP Retro Emulators

sgllocal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys quick question, i am having some trouble adding emus to my psp and getting them working. i have picodrive for megadrive and have the games, they work fine. but when i try adding another emu ie nes snes etc they always end up corrupted files on the psp once i disconnect the usb.. as i said the megadrive is working fine but i cannot seem to add anymore emus without it all being corrupted.. any ideas how to solve?i have the emus ready and games too. i just cant get past this part lol and have more than one emulator...
thanks
dan

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
use fast recovery then retry the new emulators should work, know this was a little while ago and I assume you have sorted the problem by now but thought id respond hate to leave someone in need lol

tweetyphish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version of MVSPSP is the one you're supposed to use on the PSP Go model? I cant seem to get mine to work, so I'm guessing I installed one thats supposed to be for a PSP Slim or Phat model. Ugh.

Tootius

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I have a question and I didn't think it warranted creating a new thread so I'll just ask it here.

I have a PSP 3000 and it's great and everything but I have a small issue that shouldn't really annoy me but it does.
I use the NesterJ emulator and it works well but for some reason there's no icon assigned to the emulator so when I'm using my PSP it looks odd as everything else I use has a picture.

How do you assign pictures? I thought it would be as simple as putting an image into the folder but it's not.

I have tried using different versions and I even tried copying the exact same folder structure but for some reason the image wont display.

crimsonwolf8439

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have a question and I didn't think it warranted creating a new thread so I'll just ask it here.

I have a PSP 3000 and it's great and everything but I have a small issue that shouldn't really annoy me but it does.
I use the NesterJ emulator and it works well but for some reason there's no icon assigned to the emulator so when I'm using my PSP it looks odd as everything else I use has a picture.

How do you assign pictures? I thought it would be as simple as putting an image into the folder but it's not.

I have tried using different versions and I even tried copying the exact same folder structure but for some reason the image wont display.

When you compile your programs, there is a specific line in the makefile (for C at least) that says explicitly, use ICON0.png as the icon. I may be wrong, but I don't believe there is anyway for you to replace the icon if it was not made with support for an icon.

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yea you are wrong, it s just data, you can do whatever you want if know how...

there are many apps out there to edit an eboot, resources, thumb, preview, sound etc..
i don t remember the name, use google

WaverBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I'm trying to map controls for Krull using MAME4ALL on my PSP 2000. I've figured out that, after the first three FIREs that are set to Auto Off, this is what the FIRE numbers correspond to:

FIRE 01 = move left
FIRE 02 = move up
FIRE 03 = move down
FIRE 04 = move right
FIRE 05 = fire left
FIRE 06 = fire up
FIRE 07 = fire down
FIRE 08 = fire right

I tried mapping 1-4 to Joystick Push and 5-8 to square, triangle, circle and X, but it doesn't work. If I map 1-4 to square/triangle/circle/X and 5-8 to Joystick Push, then I can move with the buttons and fire with the D-pad, but obviously the opposite setup would be far more desirable. Anyone have any ideas on how to get these Krull controls mapped properly? Attached is a screenshot of the useless default control mapping.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_9746.JPG
    IMG_9746.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 274

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Today I get the SNES Emulator snes9xTYLme_mod 180404 and the GBA Emulator TempGBA4PSP_mod to work.
Including working Cheats.

@Gericom you better have to put "warm clothes" on :evil: - this GBA emulator is fantastic.
Thank you to ALL the people who developed and built these great pieces of Emulators.:yay:

I think it brings a little fresh wind to our PSP.:D

Reactions: cvskid

johnny-sasaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
little question:I know the best GBA emulators are gpSP Kai and TempGBA and if one game doesn't run on one,you try the other,but Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition doesn't run in either.Is there something I should do to run it or it's hopeless?

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe one of the latrlest beta gpkai, they are not easy to find, and it will probably not work

You can also try retroarch but it is really in a bad shape and full of crashes

Kuroi_Taiga

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hey guys!
a friend of mine gave me his PSP which has CFW 5.50 Prometheus installed, i'm completely noob about this stuff and he isn't into it anymore... i read around of this CFW 6.60 ME-2.2, can you link me a guide/videoguide on how to install it, pls?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: and good morning everyone +1