OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I've got a PSP Slim 2000, Ice Silver, I softmodded it following the tutorial here to get up to 5.50 GEN-D3.
Was having fun with it for a bit, but today it won't turn on properly.

It won't attempt to turn on with the battery removed whether it's plugged into the computer via USB or the wall charger, I don't know if that's normal or not.

When the battery is in, the power light turns a solid green (without me touching the switch), and stays that way.
The screen does not turn on, and the PSP does not respond to the power switch, the hold light doesn't even come on.
I can plug in the wall charger to get the power light to turn orange as if it's charging, but that's the only response.
It does this with the memory card removed as well.

It's under warranty from the place I ordered it from (which is in this city), I can probably just borrow my dad's car and take it there if needed.
The pandora battery I ordered won't be here for at least a day or two, when it comes here I do have a 1 gig memory stick I can use with it, if needed.

EDIT: The fix is to have the battery and charger in, put it on hold, remove the battery then charger, plug the charger in, then switch it from hold to on. After it starts up, plug the battery back in, then press select to get to the VSH menu, and choose "make normal battery".

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds just like your battery is a Pandora Battery. What happens if you remove the battery and just use the power adapter?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's an official sony battery it came with, and I used it to play games and such for a while with nice battery life, I know this firmware has an option to make a pandora battery in the menus, but I rather doubt that somehow happened while I slept, though I did sleep with it under my pillow. ^^;

If I remove the battery while the charger is plugged in the light goes from orange to green, but it still refuses to turn on. If I then unplug (light turns off) and replug the charger, the light doesn't come back on.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That doesn't sound good if it won't turn on normally without any battery inside and connected to a mains socket...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
After a lot of dicking around, fixed. You guys are right, seems I accidentally told the firmware to make it into a pandora battery. I found the VSH menu last night (select at the main menu) on accident, and tried to exit it... but sometimes X is "exit" and O is "accept", whereas sometimes it's the other way around, and sometimes you have to choose "exit" or "back" to go back. Seems I accidentally hit "make pandora battery" while trying to exit the menu last night, and then didn't notice because I didn't turn it off for a long time after that, I was playing it until I went to sleep. ^^;

The fix is to have the battery and charger in, put it on hold, remove the battery then charger, plug the charger in, then switch it from hold to on. After it starts up, plug the battery back in, then press select to get to the VSH menu, and choose "make normal battery".

sweatdrop.gif

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you do know that the psp won't turn on without a memory stick. That is with the Gen D3 because that's what I use.

I tried to turn on my psp without the mem stick once and it didn't run I thought I bricked it lol.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BlackDave said:
Yeah you do know that the psp won't turn on without a memory stick. That is with the Gen D3 because that's what I use.
Yes it will. Unless you happen to mean when combined with pandora battery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.