psp neo geo emulator issue

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Xellos2099, Dec 25, 2012.

Dec 25, 2012

Xellos2099 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I just try putting neo geo emulator to my psps to compare how does it run compare to my friend neo geo x. However, onyl 1 of the game is working, the rest are loading and it say missing whatever files.... how does it work?
    • Former Staff

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Message Count:
    Colombia
    your roms are missing files. find a working rom set. it should be files from mame 0.120. not all roms are supported. some files listed as supported are not. some files in the list are also incorrectly named. some child files require the parent files in the zip. you'll need a working set of bios files as well. depending on what psp you are using, some (or more) files will require sprite cache files. you can build a set using the tools included with the emu download (assuming you grabbed it from a reputable source). all in all, it may take you a few weeks to sort it all out. it was rather confusing for me to build a full working set, after about 2 weeks of testing i figured out what files were incorrectly named, what didn't work, etc.

there is a build that does seem to support the unsupported games. they appear yellow in the listing. its rather hard to track down.

you'll find some more info here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/mvspsp-v2-3-1-and-roms-not-working.324329/#post-4196589

-another world

Xellos2099 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Do u have a list or wiki that i can use for reference? And what u said almost sound like a foreign language to me lol
    • Former Staff

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Message Count:
    Colombia
    that information is gathered in the post i already linked to, which is why i took the time to link you to it.

if its not in there then you can assume it is playable.

-another world