Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

ShinkuTear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if it is better to post here or make a new thread, but I've run into an issue with the ENG patch. I can deal with odd text mostly, but this issue actually messes with gameplay.

Omega Saint, called "a Saint" in the ENG patch, has a listed SP cost of 26469, but the unpatched game, it costs 120 SP.

I actually liked using the Saint line of spells, so this is very disappointing. Any chance of this getting fixed? If not, any ideas/suggestions on how I might fix it myself?

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the right place to post it. Hopefully Chep can fix it.

He can also fix the name too, as a result.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will look into it... Do you have a saved game with the issue? I have not raised the saint spell myself and will save me time if you have a save state for PPSSPP or from the PSP.

ShinkuTear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a save and savestate with the issue, yes. Not exactly sure how I might send you either of them though... would uploading them to somewhere like mega work? At very least, it should be possible to reproduce the issue by getting about 20+ Holy element on an equip, and a character Level 100+

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the issue with Omega Saint... was a really stupid typo where I did not line things up right in one of the files. I should have a fix and a new patch in a few minutes.

rjsilver

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
using psp
nA4cQdi.png

F6nAMNl.png

bFH03LZ.png

help someone?

D

Deleted User

Did you patch the game yourself? what version of the patch did you use? and what CFW do you have?

vhan1088

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It looks like your using the DLC addons. if you are then remove the DLC from the memory stick. that happend to me before with the earlier patches.
The DLC is not compatible with the translation cause it overwrites parts of the game.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, sadly, NIS DLC is kinda funky. It sorta rewrites parts of the game entirely.

Shoot, the Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days DLC? It rewrites the game and changes Zetta's first Beam attack. I used to be able to take out everything in one of the Ordeals stages, but after the patch, it went down one range square, so I'd have to use the second version of the Beam instead.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main story's untranslated movie is basically the whole "mythos" behind the Maiden of Light story. You can likely easily find this in LPs/YouTube.

Reactions: fredsidh

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's the cinematic.

Sadly, I think the problem with translating it is that you'd need to be able to translate the video itself. The text is a part of the pictures in terms of how it was made, likely.

Reactions: Shinon and fredsidh

Xeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you plan to change any gameplay related values (stats, spells, etc) or is this purely translation project?
this may be answered already in the 46 page long topic but i only read couple of pages at the start ant the last page...
as for NIS DLC, i can only talk about disgaea2: dhd, but they do not break anything. they simply overwrite some files from so you would need to include the changes you made to each dlc as well. I have messed with disgaea game quite a bit though i never bothered to change any strings as that is in english already :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things