Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record, I don't think the Raise X items ever really get good stats-- they're meant to be there to give a boost to the Skill EXP you gain for the different things that determine what you end up developing for a character. As a result, usually my favorite thing to do is to take one of the Raise X items and fuse all other Raise X items to it, creating an item that results in all skill areas leveling up when equipped. Bonus points if you get any elemental attributes onto the item, too.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally found the save data text for LPR...

JJewel suggested over on the PKP thread to looks for the text using different encoding schemes since he was working on a game that had some text that they finally found was in a different encoding scheme. There is also some "missing" text in PKP.

LPR is mostly in Shift-JIS encoding. I just tried looking in the eboot and converted it to UTF-8 and I can see all the save data format.

I will get it translated and get it patched...

Again thanks to JJewel for the suggestion.

-ChepChep

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's great news :)
that's the only missing text (except the subtitles on the intro and ending sequence. But I guess the intro has hardsubs? if it's softsub, can it be translated too?)

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I got all the save data translated... I also found the images with the text in between chapters. It is in the BGPACK.dat and can be unpacked and packed with the LPR toolkit. I have no plans to fix it since the text is hardsubs in the image and is why beyond my ability to photoshop and fix.

I am going to try to track done the intro and ending text but my guess is that it is also a hardsub.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I already cleaned the chapter picture (few page back, in may), but I didn't manage to re-compress them using the wizzle compression (or a name like that).
So, I didn't continue editing the chapter names, but the clean picture is there for you to use if you want :)
Maybe I didn't edit the picture correctly? didn't preserve the RGB/bit depth?

If you give me all chapter's name from the bonus chapters, I can add the text too. (I won't create font manually again, we need to use a free font)

206868-chapter_clean_02.png

I pixel-edited it.

I also wanted to translate the towns and place names (when visiting them for the first time, there's a picture of it), but I didn't find them in the .dat.

Edit:
I finally completed the game :)
I found two typo in the ending cutscene (before the ending sequence).
I'll report it latter this weekend.

I'm trying newgame+, and it's funny to see dood squad wandering around :P
I'll probably continue playing if there are more funny scenes I didn't see yet. I'll report if I find typo too.

Reactions: Linka

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
double posting so you can see the report :)

It's not using the latest patch, it's using 0.3.1 so maybe you fixed these already. But please, check it to be sure.

Bonus chapter 4

I don't know if you can fix it. It's not important if you can't find the issue. It doesn't create bugs in the game.
On the last chapter/last battles, there are enemies with a lot of abilities. One of them is overflowing "The" .... nothing else.
230339-pic_0393.jpg

After joining the party it's not there anymore, and it's replaced with an existing ability.
Poison is the last ability now.
230340-pic_0394.jpg

The y -> They
230341-pic_0399.jpg

awhile -> a while
230342-pic_0400.jpg

Newgame+:
Ending "them" should be "then"
230343-pic_0449.jpg

Repetitive "or".
230344-pic_0450.jpg

That's all for this time :)

I don't know if I will continue playing it. maybe from time to time, but I'll now play another game. So this is probably the last report from me.
Thank you for your patch and effort you put on this game, it's was fun to play.

Reactions: Linka

Archarai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello this will be my first message on here so.. Hi and thanks for all your hard work. :) But, I have a problem I can't seem to download the patch it keeps giving me a "Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time." I though if I gave it a few hours it would work but I have tried it over and over again for the past 4 hours or so. :ohnoes: is it a site problem and I just need to wait more or am I doing something wrong? Thanks ahead of time. :)

Archarai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure where you are downloading the patch from but the official link is still working:

Here it is:
(download)

Enjoy the game,

-ChepChep
From here. I even just tried your link and it does the same thing. I will try to show a picture of what it tells me, if I'm doing it right. Sorry I'm probably just doing something wrong but idk what. :o

Attachments

• download msg.PNG
    download msg.PNG
    5.3 KB · Views: 265

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried the link too-- after I click "Download", it gives me the same error. Dropbox may simply be overloaded at the moment.

Reactions: Randqalan

Archarai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at least I know that I'm not crazy or doing something wrong. I guess I will get a good nights rest and try sometime tomorrow. Hopefully it will be working by then. Thanks :)

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan,

I have updated the patch with the fixed typos. I have also figure out how to edit the chapter headings. I will try to find the text that gets flashed up when you enter a new place and translate it. Should not be hard. Once I have all those done I will post up another patch.

-ChepChep

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link for the patch should work. I just tried it again and it works. I have never heard of google limiting the number of downloads where I have posted the patch.

Archarai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link for the patch should work. I just tried it again and it works. I have never heard of google limiting the number of downloads where I have posted the patch.
I just tried it again and on the Phantom Kingdom Portable patch. They are both doing the same thing for me... :( Maybe I'll try to make a video to show you the problem I'm getting if you want?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night