Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

DurableTomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just discovered this has a dlc.
could you give me any info of it and how get the content in-game?

The guide I'll be making covers the DLC and their translation.
Elly: no unique moves, but a good spell mix of Thunder and support and a good spell learning rate. Plus she gives you the Naked Apron item that helps in purifying through attacks.
Coronet: one unique move that works off her Int I believe.
Rosalind: two unique moves, both working off her Atk I believe, uses guns.
Hero Prinny: two unique moves, both working off his Atk.

Rosalind and Hero Prinny you have to fight to recruit, though a low level party can still beat their level 100 butts by using the purification chains.

Also, the content can be accessed as soon as you have access to the World Map. There is a new location where they are all just standing there. You talk to them to initiate their recruitment.

Reactions: Linka

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
he updated the issues we reported in his own version, but nothing releases yet.
The current patch (v0.3.0) is very well playable.
You don't have the battle text translated (defeat all enemies/boss) but you can easily understand what you need to do (defeat everyone every time :P)

What he needs is people playing this version and reporting issues/grammar/typo etc. so he can release v1.0

chepchep:
In the saves you provided me when testing battle messages, your characters were very powerful.
You did a lot of battles on first chapters?
or use cheatcode or there's a newgame+ with keeping your stats?
My characters are progressing slowly, I need to do few times the same battles to gain exp.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record: One of the biggest draws of La Pucelle Ragnarok-- and actually the European release and a second release of the game in Japan in the PS2 era, is that the game has a New Game+ function where your characters keep all of their levels and items.

The biggest kicker about the NA release of the game over here is that we did not get the version with New Game+, making the game a "well you better have that save before things go to hell if you want to keep those characters" affair, if you ever want to see the higher levels, or even get one of the alternate endings. It was always something that annoyed me, and it makes me wish the PSN version had gone with the European/PAL version of the game instead.

Reactions: Randqalan and Cyan

Star-scream

Trophies
XP
Country
he updated the issues we reported in his own version, but nothing releases yet.
The current patch (v0.3.0) is very well playable.
You don't have the battle text translated (defeat all enemies/boss) but you can easily understand what you need to do (defeat everyone every time :P)

What he needs is people playing this version and reporting issues/grammar/typo etc. so he can release v1.0

chepchep:
In the saves you provided me when testing battle messages, your characters were very powerful.
You did a lot of battles on first chapters?
or use cheatcode or there's a newgame+ with keeping your stats?
My characters are progressing slowly, I need to do few times the same battles to gain exp.

Oh ok I have that patch I thought he updated it with everything.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say, what was your main strategy for Dark World, anyway, when you started? I always feel like I'd be getting into too much trouble trying to go into the portal, so I never really tried yet...

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My main strategy was to start at 100% and then slowly increase it 10% everytime it looked like I could survive and kill the boss on the last stage (10). I would not kill everything but most fight everything once I got to floor 7ish. I would get tons of exp and money doing this. IF things started to get easy I upped dark energy 10%.

I then also took another location and got it up to 300% and then would try to do speed runs and not battle anything trying to get to next level. The goal was to get to the end and get the bad ending but you would still get a really good item and lots of money that were way above your current level.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, what was the level you started at? Like with your characters, what was the general area before you decided to take the risk?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just started my first dark world.
I'm at Lv12, DEI 104, chapter 4.
I completed and killed the boss (a bat).

I killed enemies I encounter if needed to reach the next portal, if not I went directly to the next map.
I didn't earned a lot of exp, maybe I did something wrong? I entered Lv10-12 and I'm still the same Level :lol:
I'll try to increase the DEI by 10%.

not enough level to kill the chapter 4 creature instead of leading it to Mt. Tarte.
I guess I won't be able to kill it on my first run? Newgame+ needed?

Any strategy to Train your monsters?
They are Mood 2-4, I just try randomly the skills I have to see the effect.
The mood only increase with this training menu? Not by doing missions/fights?
It would be great if they can use Purify too, to increase their equipment. Currently only main characters can do that so I need to switch equipment to build their stats.

ChepChep:
One string to change.
When you dismiss a character with the hood man in the shop, you get an item.
"I got it" --> "Received".

I noticed few other things, I'll post later.
but I'm not sure if it's a typo or not. For example Skill "Hyno" to put to sleep, should be "Hypno"?

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan,

All the bugs you posted are now fixed.

Also you need to be just barely able to get through Dark World to make it worthwhile. Probably not that great until you are around level 15-20 level. I would just fight creatures on the last floor since they have the highest level and run most floors.

-ChepChep

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Training monsters is this: First you need to build up their mood. You do this by treating them nicely in the training-- if the training does not have a stat boost, it's a "nice" thing.

The mood goes down if you use one of the stat boost options, though. You'll want them to be fairly high up before you use this, since they might run away if you treat them too harshly. I recommend saving before training in case you end up picking an option that causes them to bolt.

Once they reach... Either level 9 or 10 mood, they will gain the ability to purify like your characters, but ONLY while they're still at that mood level.

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I took another screenshots, some are easy to fix, other might be harder to find.

There are two "Replace" in the bottom right, one is on the same line as "insert"
216114-pic_0053.jpg

I think this one is already fixed, but just in case:
Remove space after "Range".
216115-pic_0062.jpg

untranslated text 第 (N°/number) in dark world, when you press Triangle.
Could be replaced with "floor" if you want. or "#" or "Lv" etc.
Also, description doesn't fit the screen.
216116-pic_0066.jpg

VitaminDagger has a space in the name:
216117-pic_0071.jpg

"p b ?" at the end of the description
216118-pic_0072.jpg

Untranslated text:
216119-pic_0073.jpg

"tinySob" was one of my monster's name. maybe it's useful info to find where the issue is.
Note that the same item can have the description displayed just fine:
216120-pic_0074.jpg

edit:
Found another one.
"Safety Hat" items has description "Has all rounded edgesHat , Uz D A<kanji><kanji>"
here is my save if you need to test.

Thanks again for taking time to fix all issue we are reporting.
Maybe making a new patch to prevent reporting same issues would be useful? and other users don't have battle messages translated yet.

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
I don't want to sound ungrateful, cause I am.
but can you refer to me to the page that was talked about the font spacing problem?
I can't hack or understand programming as such I want to know if there's a different between this game
and others, for example Sol Trigger (which had the same spacing problem) and ff type-0.
Your programmer did terrific job, but did the game had unsolved problem within itself or is it lack of knowledge how to solve it?
again in programming the sky is the limit, I'm not complaining about the end result, just carious.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan,

I have been able to fix all but the Muscle Gloves. I have no idea how that happened. There are some issues with the way items are created in the Dark World. They sometimes can get junk for descriptions and names can be weird. I still have not figured it all out.

I will try to release a new patch with all the fixes people have submitted tonight. Should not be hard but want to confirm that I have not broken anything else.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinintendo,

Let me summarize the issues I have seen in both LPR and PKP since for both of them they are similar.

For LPR, NIS was lazy and did not include many letters in the variable width ACSII font like q,x,y,Q,V,Y,?, ,, and .

So we were able to edit the font file and make new images for the letters. That did not work for the story text boxes.
Things still crashed in LPR using the variable width font.
The decision was made to go ahead with the fixed width font for LPR. The hack I made to get the letters look better was to
insert the variable width letters into the fixed with letters. The letters are still fixed width but now showing the images for the variable width font.

There was 1000s of pages of text that was then formatted in LPR using this scheme.

Now fast forward to my work on PKP...

We had a very similar with PKP but we have yet to figure out the image format used in the game.
We had the same crashing bug in the story like with LPR with the variable width font. I spend a few weeks trying to figure it out again.
I finally solved the issue for both PKP and LPR. NIS programmers decided that the letter A (0x41) was a great choice to use for a deliminator.
So whenever you have 0x41 in any line of text (Ascii letter A) everything crashes. Our solution for PKP was just to insert the fixed width capital A.

This also works for LPR but since I do not want to spend months again reformatting the story text, I have kept the text in fixed width with the variable width hack.

Do this help at all? I could go into further detail but not sure if this is what you are looking for.

-ChepChep

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the info with dark world items description.
I just got another items from DW, and it has a wrong description too. That's strange that they are using auto-generated description.
If you can't fix it, don't worry, it's not a big problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1