Ikaresu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.tearbox.tk
XP
Country
Brazil
so, i heard theres new unlockables in this psp version, is there somewhere i can look for info since other websites have 0% of info on unlockables or ''exclusive characters'' (if there is even) ? (maybe i'm just blind and can't see someone talking about this)

edit:
sorry if bad grammar or if i wasn't supposed to ask questions here.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking it up, it's either that you have to be in New Game+, and the Disgaea trio unlocks from the start somewhere on the map, or you have to have beaten the Overlord Prier chapters first. People aren't too sure. It all seems to be separate fights too.

First it's the Prinny trio, they join at level 1.

Second it's Flonne. She joins at level 500 (and is that level in the battle with her.)

Third is Etna, and she's level 1000.

And then it's Laharl, who's level 1700.

Reactions: Deleted User

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can confirm that the Disgaea chars can be unlocked during the new game+ at the beginning of playing through the game again.
Prinny, Flonne, Etna and Laharl will unlock if you can bet them. Etna and Laharl are quite hard unless you massively level.

As far as other unique content to the PSP:
-New Game+ mode
-Purify work slightly different and you can get double turns for characters if you purify with your character in the stream.
-1000+ new NPC lines
-Speed up battle by allowing you to turn off battle animations
-Choose either A or B mode of moving the cursor (I hated the way it was done on the PS2. It was backwards to what I am used to)
-4 bonus chapters that unlock after main game for more story about how Prier becomes a Demon Overlord
-More tutorials
-Item/equipment record keeping - if you acquire all items in game there is a surprise that you can get
-Can get multiple Warp Engines,RoboSuits and Lightyear cannon

I think that sums up most of the new stuff in the PSP version. The PSP version is significantly better than the PSP version. Once you play it, you can never go back to the PS2 version because everything seems so slow.

I hope that helps.
-Steve

Reactions: Linka

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God, yeah, the purify-extra turns thing alone makes the experience far faster than the PS2 version ever will be. And then there's the speeding up battle and battle animations options, which really, why the heck were those not standard in the first place?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can disable the "Final Fantasy"-like battles completely? I don't like that very much.
having only the T-RPG mode is great news, that will speed up battles a lot.

Good luck on completing the bonus chapters.
I'll play once all is patched :)

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really helps when grinding. It can decrease time per battle easily in half. The option to disable battle animations is in the options menu.

Unidentified_User

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's ok even it will take time ti finish. I will wait for it. So far the current patch doesn't have bugs only some of the item names has added symbols but it works well and I guess those symbols are not major problems in the game. Anyways thank you :lol:

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I'm sorry I haven't really put up any new pictures. I guess when you have even a short break from playing an RPG, you get really easily distracted from playing it again. (haha it's one of those points where I wish I could just put this onto my Vita...)

But I just want you to know, I'm really happy about the progress you made on the game! I'm happy to see it getting translated in full, and I'm happy that even just a few more people will be able to enjoy this game. My only hope is that at some point in the future, NIS might come back to the La Pucelle/Marl universe, but that may only be in my dreams. Sighhh.

Reactions: darekasan

who

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I'm sorry I haven't really put up any new pictures. I guess when you have even a short break from playing an RPG, you get really easily distracted from playing it again. (haha it's one of those points where I wish I could just put this onto my Vita...)

But I just want you to know, I'm really happy about the progress you made on the game! I'm happy to see it getting translated in full, and I'm happy that even just a few more people will be able to enjoy this game. My only hope is that at some point in the future, NIS might come back to the La Pucelle/Marl universe, but that may only be in my dreams. Sighhh.

They did. They made Princess Antiphona for the PSP which was a spiritual sequel that took place after the Marl Kingdom trilogy in a neighboring kingdom. NIS America never localized it because they hate me.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wanna get that game, actually! It's not like it'd be hard to get, or too expensive. My main problem though is managing to play through it. Phantom Kingdom Portable and La Pucelle Ragnarok were different, since there's the PS2 versions, which helps give me a basis on what is what, but Antiphona doesn't have anything to base it off of for me, mentally. And I can't expect a translation of it, especially due to that.

... You wouldn't happen to know of any guides or anything for it, would you?

Star-scream

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there is one thing I am wondering about the words look like there to spaced out to me, anyway's im not complaining or anything just was wondering why?

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just how the font is for the game. The current font he has going is actually a big improvement over the previous font, but it's also not something that is easily changed in the first place.

You may also end up noticing that there are no contractions in the game's script, and that's because of the internal font limitations, too. There's no apostrophes, so he made do with what he had.

Reactions: Star-scream

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yea... I could really used some play testers that will play the game and report back any typos, bugs, or grammar issues in the game.

More good news...
I just received the complete translation for the bonus content for the PSP version from the translator. It looks very good. It is going to take awhile to get it all inserted and play tested before releasing a patch. I need to insert text for the last bonus chapter and all the NPCs.

Should be much fun. I am putting all my work on PKP on hold until LPR is done.

Star-scream

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I am playing it now, and I am enjoying all you're hard work and thank you for it if I find anything I will post it and tell you sorry I was not much help sooner chepchep and thank you again.

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't commit to spending the time to playthrough myself at the moment, I did try to find some other testers at various other places, but the usual response was that they didn't want to playthrough until the new content was translated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things