OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I've got a PSP 3000 with 6.39 PRO-B8 custom firmware and it keeps asking ALL THE TIME if I want to quit playing. It's equivalent to pressing the Playstation Logo Button.

At first I thought I was just pressing the button without noticing, but then it started happening a lot more frequently. I also tried simply leaving the PSP alone, without pressing anything, and the damn thing would pop up by itself. Sometimes it does that right after I've clicked "No" on that screen, which is really annoying, as it interrupts the gameplay. :/ Anyway I can fix this? I tried reinstalling my CFW already, but it did nothing to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, that's really strange. I've never had that happen before.

Is there maybe something under the button, like dust or dirt? It doesn't sound like a software problem.

c0d12395

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same thing happened to me a while ago. I found out that it had to do with the psp thinking the umd door was open (if held the door closed kind of hard it wouldn't happen). It stopped when i took my psp apart and put it back together. I think was because my psp casing was loose. Maybe try tightening the screws?

Deaga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
That's odd because it's a new PSP. I bought it one or two weeks ago. :/ Didn't spill anything on it either.
tongue.gif

Well, if the problem persists, I'll try opening it up as suggested. Thanks!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deaga said:
That's odd because it's a new PSP. I bought it one or two weeks ago. :/ Didn't spill anything on it either.
tongue.gif

Well, if the problem persists, I'll try opening it up as suggested. Thanks!
Actually, try what c0d12395 said. Maybe the UMD door is loose?

Pictures of the side of your PSP can be really useful. Also, try tightening the screws like what c0d12395 said.

Deaga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually, upon further inspection, it really was the UMD door. Since I'm mostly playing games from the memory stick, simply removing the UMD (I had it there for convenience) made the problem stop, as opening the door with no UMD does nothing.

I'll tighten the screws later on. Thanks for the help everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum