Gaming Psp ISO size?

solange82200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen one that is 1.3 gb on one site, and the same game is 700 mb on another site. What's the difference? About how many games can you fit on a 4gb memory stick? Can you compress the games without sacrificing quality? Also, I know what ISO is, but what is a CSO? Thanks!
yaypsp.gif

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Most likely the 700MB one is either (or both) ripped (content removed) or compressed.
Depends, eg, Diner Dash was 13MB, God of War: Chains of Olympus was ~1500MB.
Yes, see below.
CSOs are ISOs compressed, there are 9 levels, almost always they are compressed at the 9th level. Use UMDGEN for CSO-ISO or ISO-CSO.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
solange82200 said:
That's one thing I saw that I dont quite get, what is this 333mhz, and how can you change that on the psp?

Hold down the right shoulder button, as you turn on the PSP ... and a menu will appear ...

Go to CPU Speed ...

Change the settings to 333 ...

Select Back ...

Select Exit ...

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've seen as high as a gig and a half (Crisis Core), heard of as much as two gigs (Syphon Filter), and as low as 133MB (Space Invaders Extreme). Average of 700 is fair, though with CSOs you really get the choice of having full game quality (debatable) versus storage space.

I personally like putting just ISOs on the stick since I'm not going to suddenly feel compelled to play those other games I have on there, though it is full the way it is. That and finding only CSOs of that one game you really want is kinda annoying too, since you have no idea what's been cut from the game, but I didn't know about UMDGEN though I do have that. XD Oh well.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
2GB would not fit on a UMD ... and as for CSOs, they are easy enough to create using programs like YACC ...

A CSO has nothing cut from the game ... they are compressed complete versions of the game, and you can uncompress them easily with YACC ...

UMDRIPs are the ones that have had things cut out ...

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
solange82200 said:
Thx Bobevil, so you recommend changing it 333 mHz? I saw someone comment on it shortening your battery life if you do that, is that true?

You can't have it both ways, I'm afraid ... more speed = more power ... I have it set to 333, and just leave it there ... I'd rather have more speed and less juice, myself ...

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use a psp Phat battery when you're at 333 mhz, and you'll have more power and more battery life. If you're using a psp slim, get a phat battery and a closing case for the battery pack. At least.. this is what I've heard of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM