Gaming PSP Hanged

awek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hi everyone,

Am encountering the following problem. Can any kind soul please assist.

PSP hanged when switch on. The usual screen appears but without the menu icons except for a small circle at the bottom right hand corner which keeps spiinning. Icons will only appear when I open the UMD cover else will have to wait very long until the message "The disc cannot be read." appears then the icons will appear. Seems like the PS is auto reading the UMD whenever I switch it on. Problem still persists when I disabled the UMD Autorun function under System Settings.

Thank you in advance.

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Something is wrong with your UMD drive or the UMD, try a different UMD and see if that helps anything, if it doesn't, you have a problem with your UMD drive and it will probably need to be replaced.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Re-install your firmware.
smile.gif

awek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hi guys, thank you for the suggested solutions. I suspected that the problem is due to the small protruding pin which is just besides the black disc spinner in the UMD drive that is cracked and stucked which is causing the UMD drive to keep auto reading as it if a disc is in. Can anyone enlighten on where whether is the pin on sale anywhere or do I have to change the whole UMD drive? I am from Singapore.

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that happend to my friends psp so he just used his shirt and cleaned off the laser and then it worked. he didnt have cfw when this happened

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: stick a decal on it