Hacking PSP hacking/modding F.A.Q.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jolan said:
The Prometheus ISO loader works on 6.20 TN, 6.31 Pro and 6.35 Pro.
Actually it won't work for me with a 3004 model 6.35 Pro (Toy Story 3 pack), so it might just be mine or it might affect others as well.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Rydian said:
Oh yeah, you can even install CFW from that HEN.

1 - Install the X-GEN updater (for Gen-D3 Final) on your memory stick, this includes placing 550.PBP in the root.

2 - Run the 6.20 HEN.

3 - Press Select to get into the VSH menu and disable flash0 protection!

4 - Run the Gen installer.
...And it does it's crap from there? No worries on bricking? Cool.

First of all, I need to find it. Thanks.
smile.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
nasune said:
Jolan said:
Actually it won't work for me with a 3004 model 6.35 Pro (Toy Story 3 pack), so it might just be mine or it might affect others as well.It works for me, but take note that a bunch of games don't work with it yet.
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=933

QUOTE(Team Fail @ Jan 22 2011, 07:17 PM)

smile.gif
Correct, your motherboard is a fully hackable one, and the Gen-D3 installer flashes just fine to it, I've done it myself a few times to show people it's possible on this motherboard model.

After that, check the softmod sticky's section on updating to the latest (prometheus).

loco365

Trophies
XP
Rydian said:
Team Fail said:

smile.gif
Correct, your motherboard is a fully hackable one, and the Gen-D3 installer flashes just fine to it, I've done it myself a few times to show people it's possible on this motherboard model.

After that, check the softmod sticky's section on updating to the latest (prometheus).
Definitely will do. Thanks a million.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
nasune said:
Jolan said:
Actually it won't work for me with a 3004 model 6.35 Pro (Toy Story 3 pack), so it might just be mine or it might affect others as well.
It works for me, but take note that a bunch of games don't work with it yet.
Well some of the games on there are the ones I tried to play (Ace Combat X 1 and 2, AC:Bloodlines, and Dissidia to be precise), and yet nothing but a black screen and eventually turning off occurs.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Rydian said:
nasune said:
Jolan said:
Actually it won't work for me with a 3004 model 6.35 Pro (Toy Story 3 pack), so it might just be mine or it might affect others as well.It works for me, but take note that a bunch of games don't work with it yet.

QUOTE(Team Fail @ Jan 22 2011, 07:17 PM)

smile.gif

Ok. I downloaded the latest installer after softmodding my PSP. But, now, there is one small obstacle. The PSP won't recognize any eboot.pbp files in the GAMES folder.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Q - Can I use real-time save (save states) in actual PSP games?
A - Yes, the CheatMaster Fusion plugin allows you to dump memory (save state) and upload memory (load state). However this affects everything on the PSP (including loaded plugins and system software variables), so it's only recommended to use save states in a single gameplay session, do not re-use states from previous gameplay sessions, especially not if you've changed plugins or something like that since the last time you played.

Done some googling and can't find this plugin anywhere for proper download. Anyone that can perhaps upload it to gbatemp or somewhere?
rolleyes.gif

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon my idiocy in not being able to figure this out, but precisely where are the instructions on how to de-fuck a psp-1000 that your idiot brother has upgraded to current firmware? (it wasn't yet hacked, mind; not sure if that's good or not...)

loco365

Trophies
XP
Ok. What's the difference between a Pandora Battery and a normal one? And should I convert my battery to a Pandora in case my PSP fucks itself up?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
A pandora will boot a compatible PSP into service mode so you can rescue it if it's fucked up (or downgrade the firmware). Only the 1000 and older 2000 firmwares can use a pandora. It's not recommended to convert your own since original PSP batteries are getting harder to find, and you can buy a pandora for like $8 from a chinese site online.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Team Fail said:
Ok. What's the difference between a Pandora Battery and a normal one? And should I convert my battery to a Pandora in case my PSP fucks itself up?

Pandora=Unbricker, exploiter for installing CFW
Normal=Not Unbricker, not exploiter

You can only make pandoras if you have any PSP 1000 or a certain 2000 (The star wars darth vader 2000 to be exact, and a few normal ones if you're lucky)

If you can, do it, but you need a non-pandora battery to play games normally, so either have at least two batteries or remember to backup the normal battery's data before you pandora it.

loco365

Trophies
XP
personuser said:
Team Fail said:

Pandora=Unbricker, exploiter for installing CFW
Normal=Not Unbricker, not exploiter

You can only make pandoras if you have any PSP 1000 or a certain 2000 (The star wars darth vader 2000 to be exact, and a few normal ones if you're lucky)

If you can, do it, but you need a non-pandora battery to play games normally, so either have at least two batteries or remember to backup the normal battery's data before you pandora it.
Well, I'll have to go battery hunting. 5.50 Prome-4 lets me make one, so I was wondering since I use CSOs and whatnot, instead of UMDs.

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
kinda reading the guide, it says that you use HBL for homebrew on 6.36.....but there is actually a beta HEN for 6.36 from VFlame.....which supports downgrading to 6.35 ofw, in which case you can use 6.35 PRO-B, or downgrade to 6.20 (to use Totol_Noob's HEN) using Davee's downgrader provided that the motherboard supports it....

But you probably already knew this.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi: