PSP hacking/modding F.A.Q. (Start Here!)

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Rydian, Dec 5, 2010.

Dec 5, 2010
  1. goga2ds18

Newcomer goga2ds18 Member

Georgia
    well im using pro-b on my psp 3000 and have no problem
    dont buy go its overpriced
    buy psp 3000 on amazon it comes with 6.60 and is easy to hack

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    I bought a Go not so long ago, downgraded from 6.61 to 6.20, and successfully applied the permanent patch. Even without, it wouldn't really have been all that inconvenient, but it's still nice for those times that I let my PSP die for months at a time. Don't listen to the other person either. If you shop around a bit, you can get a Go pretty cheap, and if you like the form factor, the 16GB of internal memory is really convenient.

3. goga2ds18

Georgia
    im not saying go is bad system im just saying 250$ is too expensive for retro system
    but if he gets it fol like 160$ or under thats ok

4. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    In the US, a functional 3000 model and a functional Go can be bought for around the same price. A Go averages about $70 USD, and a 3000 seems to be around $55 - $60 USD. After purchasing 16GB of memory for the 3000, you're ultimately looking at about the same price, maybe just a little more for the Go. In the long run, the Go tends to be a superior deal if you don't mind the form factor.

5. goga2ds18

Georgia
    wow great price
    its good then go for :psp: go

6. daicon

Member daicon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So it's possible on any GO system to downgrade it and apply a permanent CFW patch?

7. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    Go's aren't super varied, or varied at all, actually. They basically come in one flavor. There's nothing to worry about. Also, downgrading can happen on any system at any firmware. Hackers are good at what they do. Granted, I don't know if the permanent patch works on 6.60 for the Go (it didn't last I knew), but there is basically zero difference between 6.20 and 6.60, so if permanent is a concern, stick to 6.20.

8. kristianity77

Member kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

United Kingdom
  9. goga2ds18

Georgia
    well today best thing to do is buy psvita and play psp games for free with hack
    if you dont have psp

10. CIAwesome526

Member CIAwesome526 Im ugly and im proud

United States
    Can I downgrade Psp 3001?

11. rad3ds

Member rad3ds GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a very old original fat PSP that I haven't used for years, but lent to my brother for a very long time until he got bored of it. It's been hacked since like, liberty city stories was the cool thing to use.

It's currently on firmware "6.60 PRO-C2"
    Is there anything better available in terms of firmwares for this device, or am I pretty much set for life when it comes to PSP stuff?

I'm interested in the pro duo adapters that take two micro SD's. Is there a favorite model or a known reliable one available?

Would I have any use for the pandora battery thing I've seen mentioned? I don't really know what that is, or is it just for breaking into CFW on newer devices than what I'm using?

12. CIAwesome526

Member CIAwesome526 Im ugly and im proud

United States
    dont know much about the other stuff you asked, im new here. but i can tell you the mSD to MS Pro Duo does work. i got 2 for $14 each from amazon. Each came with 2 Class 4 8GB mSD cards. Sometimes they dont work crrectly since they use 2 cards, but one thing i read wich worked is to put msd 1 into the 1st sloot in the adapter and format it in the psp, then do the same for only the 2nd msd, but in the secnd slot then put em both in at once and format it again. :wacko:

rad3ds likes this.
  13. rad3ds

Member rad3ds GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Having read around, It seems like 6.61 ME-2.3 would be the best and most completely updated firmware available. I see conflicting info on whether that firmware can be applied permanently to PSP 1000. I suppose I'd refine my earlier question to "How do I change from 6.60 PRO-C2 to 6.61 ME-2.3 permanently?"

Thanks!

14. Metoroid0

Member Metoroid0 Any objections Adam?

Japan
    i want to buy PSP 2004 model, but how can i be sure its hackable fully?
    I mean how can i know its the right motherboard that can be hacked?

15. 12lifetime

Newcomer 12lifetime Member

United States
    i need help using the xdeltaUI program so i can aplie a patch to my game i mostley need to know how to rip my umd game into an iso file (p.s sorry about the spelling)

16. jammybudga777

Member jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Sorry but I'm not sure where to post this. I have a psp 2000 I got a replacement anolog stick but cannot get it to connect at all any help would be appriciated.On a side note I updated the psp to 6.60 when it didn't have the anolog init not sure if this matters at all

17. BananaSlamma

Newcomer BananaSlamma Member

United States
    Dumb question here, I installed 6.20 pro c2 on my PSP years ago, but I'm wondering if there's any reason to change it to 6.60 pro c2 instead?
    I guess what I'm asking, is are there any games that work on 6.60 that don't work on 6.20?

18. falken

Newcomer falken Member

United Kingdom
    I don't believe so, but it's 5mins max to update to 6.61 Pro-C2 if you want to.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i've yet to purchase a 200x series that wasn't able to install perm CFW. And i've purchased easily 50 over the last few years. (I Sell them)

19. chapas

Newcomer chapas Newbie

Portugal
    @falken, If BananaSlamma updates to 6.61 he will loose the permanent hack, i would stick in 6.20

20. BlazingFiddlesticks

Newcomer BlazingFiddlesticks Newbie

United States
    Hey, another stupid PSP owner coming back to the thing after a while. I have a cfw'd US 1001, which means I flash for good or not at all... so how do I reactive UMD drive? I have my UMD ISO mode set to normal and no plugins at all. Thanks!